Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2017 3:00:02 PM EDT
Greetings all,

For about the last year on my right side, where I have carried for a good number of years now, I have had an odd feeling or sensation like my belt or pants fit tighter on that side, as if there is a bulge there or swollen but there is nothing abnormal to physically see. It's like a phantom or ghost feeling. Physically I am fine, no cancerous tumors or growths in that area, there is no physical difference between left or right sides but the "feeling" is different. Like a layer of fat is spilling over my pant line but with a 32 inch waist I am void of any "muffin"

There is no pain but the feeling can at times drive me bonkers! Has anyone else experienced this or is anyone dealing with something similar now? I have eased back on my carry and opted for a lighter gun when I do (from G19 to G43) or shoulder holster when dress conditions allow. I have had some physical therapy also (Airosti) and that helps with sciatica that I also deal with time to time. I am now icing this area also.

If anyone else knows of this it would be a relief for me cause my wife thinks I am loco in the head because I just can't explain clearly what the hell is ailing me.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#1]
What did your doctor say when you asked?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
How *were* you carrying (IWB or OWB) and how often?

I've been carrying daily OWB for many years and have no such sensation.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#3]
It may be a variant of meralgia parasthetica where from any one of multiple factors you develop a patch of skin with sensory issues sometimes painful sometimes numb sometimes ill defined.
This is a common condition in slim female uniformed police officers with a patch under and below the holster due to the increased amount of gear cops carry these days- some police agencies have started using suspenders to take pressure off the hips.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top