Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2016 11:09:57 PM EDT
Has anyone ever carried in the gym if so how?
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 6:41:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Several years ago I fractured my foot running on a treadmill too much.  After recovery I had to wear an ankle/foot brace when running. Picked it up at Walgreens. There was plenty of "material" on it to slide up a few inches on my shin to conceal an ankle holster with a small gun, LCP or some such.

I never did because I don't feel the need to carry at the gym, but it would be a pretty good way to conceal at the gym with minimal inconvenience.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Pistol wear PT-2..... also use it for riding my bike.  Currently carry a Walther PPS but switching to a G43 w/ TLR-6.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Smart Carry!

Link Posted: 12/27/2016 12:58:35 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_10/170721_Appendix-holster-----and-gym-shorts-.html

I'd recommend a belly band or off body carry.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 1:16:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I sweat too damn much to carry on body. I keep one of my G19s in my gym bag, in its own compartment.

It's not as handy as being on my person, but then again there's plenty of weapons of opportunity in the gym.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#7]
2 guns at all time
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I used a galco fanny pack
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 4:03:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sweat too damn much to carry on body. I keep one of my G19s in my gym bag, in its own compartment.

It's not as handy as being on my person, but then again there's plenty of weapons of opportunity in the gym.
View Quote

This.

There is no way I would be able to lift and carry at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This.

There is no way I would be able to lift and carry at the same time.
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Same here
View Quote

Likewise. HPG runners kit bag when running or any other outside activity. In the gym is stays in the bag, holster tethered to a strap.

Another reason to have home gym/workouts if thats possible for you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#12]
LCP AIWB in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.  I tuck it into the elastic waistband of my compression shorts, the tighten the drawstring on my outer shorts.  G19 in gym bag.

I may switch to the G42 or G43; the sweat is destroying the LCP, and I don't want to clean it every single day.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Only in my bag!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm considering the 5.11 fanny pack with a Sig P238 or 938.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoMaY8m3Igs
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

The likelihood that your weapon will be seen, or stolen is 1000 times higher than the likelihood that you will ever have to use it for self defense.  Common sense says leave it at home.

It's like the guys that ask about carrying while they are on the ski slopes in Aspen.....give me a great.  Just because you can doesn't mean you should....
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I've carried a Glock 19 and SIG. 229 while running outside. Not the most comfortable but it did work. (Desantis makes / made a running holster for PSD).  If I run outside now, I put a Glock 43 in a belly band. I wouldn't on body carry in a gym. If I felt the need to have a pistol with me in the gym I'd buy a very small fanny pack and keep a G43 in it along with my wallet. Carry it around with your towel and I don't think most people would notice.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The likelihood that your weapon will be seen, or stolen is 1000 times higher than the likelihood that you will ever have to use it for self defense.  Common sense says leave it at home.
View Quote

Karma has a really cruel sense of humor.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:54:30 AM EDT
[#18]
at some of the replies.

I carry every time, everyday at the gym.

I wear gym shorts with a zippered pocket. .380 goes into pocket, zip, done.

Arms, chest, legs, back, whatever, it hasn't gotten in the way yet.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've carried a Glock 19 and SIG. 229 while running outside. Not the most comfortable but it did work. (Desantis makes / made a running holster for PSD).  If I run outside now, I put a Glock 43 in a belly band. I wouldn't on body carry in a gym. If I felt the need to have a pistol with me in the gym I'd buy a very small fanny pack and keep a G43 in it along with my wallet. Carry it around with your towel and I don't think most people would notice.
View Quote

You think people won't notice a fanny pack in the gym?   Lmao
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:32:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought 5.11 vaporlite shorts and they solved all of my problems for workout carry. Belt loops so I use a normal 1.5" belt and carry my G43 AIWB when running
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I carry a G43 in a Smart Carry high over my strong side hip.  I still wear a long t shirt to cover the bulge under my shorts.  I've tried over the crotch area but that's just uncomfortable and awkward when sitting.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Nope.... my plan is to jump behind a meat-head if an active shooter shows at the gym.  (no offense to the meat heads)

I do see LEO guys at the gym with bags they carry around. My guess is they have a weapon on them, but I'm not gonna carry in a bag.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:25:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nope.... my plan is to jump behind a meat-head if an active shooter shows at the gym.  (no offense to the meat heads)

I do see LEO guys at the gym with bags they carry around. My guess is they have a weapon on them, but I'm not gonna carry in a bag.
View Quote
Ive been carrying around bags with glocks in them at the gym for years lol.  Even brought it with me to spin class

But I was tired of off body carry and I just ordered the Liberty Warfytr that was mentioned previously.  Will post a review of them (specifically how it does in the gym with just drawstring shorts) after Ive worked out (both weights and cardio) in them a few times.  Full disclaimer, I don't run anymore so I won't be able to tell you how it works with that.  Got a Bad ankle thanks to the Army but I do 30 minutes on the stair climber and another 30 on a treadmill (power walking) or eliptical most days.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#24]
I workout alot and hard. If i was going to carry at the gym it would be ankle. I would just have to switch holsters for running, leg raises, leg sled. I dont do box jumps or jump rope at the gym.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I carry 2 GUNS, who wants a ticket to the gun show!!!??? *Flex*

Havent carried in the gym yet, I probably will when my pocket gun gets back.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:13:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have my ccw in my locker.  I hit the closest treadmill or stay in the freeweight section that is also next to the men's locker room.
View Quote
its better than nothing.  some snobs might judge you for leaving it unattended in a locker but wouldn't think twice about leaving it in their cars (which are way more likely to get broken into)
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#28]
The gym is the only place, and I do mean only place I don't carry on my body. Okay okay, on vacation by the pool or swimming but I haven't been on one is 4 years.

I'm an LEO that can legally carry anywhere except very regulated places (places I don't go).

Sometimes you must calculate the risks in life and see what you're willing to accept. If God wants me while I'm working out at the gym then so be it. My families life is more important than my own and they aren't at the gym with me so I'm willing to not have immediate access to my CCW.

It's a good thing I also practice other self defense techniques because I might need them. Is it the right answer? No. But I am far more likely to die in a car crash on my way to the gym than needing my firearm at the gym.

And yeah I get that argument works pretty much anywhere, that's just how I justify it in my mind. I still carry in the gym, just not on body. On body carry literally everywhere else.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes, same way as always, in a CTAC at 12:00.

It is uncomfortable when in squat type positions.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd have to see that in person. But that's happened to my bodyguard. I just rubbed on regular hops gun oil where it was rusting and it went away. In the summer months it get crazy hot and humid outside. Every day u got home I would wipe my guns down with some of those Hops field wipes for a quick clean and clu.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's a good thing I also practice other self defense techniques because I might need them. Is it the right answer? No. But I am far more likely to die in a car crash on my way to the gym than needing my firearm at the gym.

And yeah I get that argument works pretty much anywhere, that's just how I justify it in my mind. I still carry in the gym, just not on body. On body carry literally everywhere else.
View Quote
I have to agree.  I stopped carrying in our gym.  Our small town YMCA just opened their new gym and since my son and I hit the gym at 0500 there are only four or five other people in the gym.  I have carried in a gym bag and lugged it around with me, but I do a pretty solid, high-intensity workout for an hour and I sweat like a sow in heat.  I've done my risk assessment and the threat is pretty small.  

I am on the lookout for a small gym bag that I could sew or Velcro-in a holster.  I don't advocate off-body carry, but for my gym visits, it would always be in sight and in reach...

ROCK6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top