Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
And another thing: lose the laser. Use your sights, don't chase a dot, you're not a cat.
View Quote

I don't use the laser for precision. The laser/flashlight is for two reasons.

1) I need the flashlight for dark shooting situations (walking in parking lots at nights, etc.). I've had issues before where my dad dropped something in the kitchen late at night in the dark and I got up to investigate. i called out and he didnt respond so I immediately assumed it was an intruder and he almost caught a knife in his kidney. He's hard of hearing. I don't ever want to be in that situation again. I cant be responsible for his action, I can only be responsible for mine. I have to be the responsible one.
2) I don't use the laser portion instead of sites. That would be foolish since they're only set for complete accuracy as 15 ft. What happens if my threat is closer or further away  I use it more like a general guideline of where i'm shooting. I am disabled physically so this guideline is extremely helpful. if the laser were to ever stop working in a time that I needed it though, I don't believe I would have any issue shooting without it. I train for both at the range.

Also, a lovely pair of night sites are on my list for Santa this year. ;)
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If your legally conceal carrying I wouldn't even worry about printing
View Quote

Yes, I am legal to conceal
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As a man I can't believe I'm gonna say this but stop wearing yoga pants.

View Quote

I don't wear yoga pants, unless im actually doing yoga. I wear jeans.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Are you talking about one of those bolt on clips that run along the side od the frame? Like this.

http://files.harrispublications.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/10/clipdraw-glock1.jpg

DO NOT CARRY your glock without a proper holster that fully covers the trigger. Carrying with the trigger exposed is asking to ND with that style a pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Currently I am appendix carrying with a simple leather holster I picked up at Academy, but if I use this holster I can't use my TRL-6. I'm typically a jeans and tshirt kind of girl, but you can still see the outline of the handle. I've also tried wearing more baggy clothes, but that too seems to be a dead giveaway that I'm trying to conceal something. In the past I have tried carrying at my hip, carrying in various bra holsters (my boobs are tiny so this doesn't work), and carrying at the back of my waistband. I recently ordered a Glock pocket clip and I'm hoping this solves SOME issues.

Are you talking about one of those bolt on clips that run along the side od the frame? Like this.

http://files.harrispublications.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/10/clipdraw-glock1.jpg

DO NOT CARRY your glock without a proper holster that fully covers the trigger. Carrying with the trigger exposed is asking to ND with that style a pistol.

If you insist on using the clip style pictured, use it in conjunction with something like this. Don't carry a Glock without the trigger being protected unless you want a ND in your future.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw Trijicon HD's are mentioned, they ARE nice, but they are also relatively tall and sharp, so they tend to not play well with certain style holsters.
I've got them on my carry M&P but I use a Crossbreed hybrid holster.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you insist on using the clip style pictured, use it in conjunction with something like this. Don't carry a Glock without the trigger being protected unless you want a ND in your future.
http://gallowayprecision.com/images/D/trigger-holster_glock-g42_galloway-precision_5477.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Currently I am appendix carrying with a simple leather holster I picked up at Academy, but if I use this holster I can't use my TRL-6. I'm typically a jeans and tshirt kind of girl, but you can still see the outline of the handle. I've also tried wearing more baggy clothes, but that too seems to be a dead giveaway that I'm trying to conceal something. In the past I have tried carrying at my hip, carrying in various bra holsters (my boobs are tiny so this doesn't work), and carrying at the back of my waistband. I recently ordered a Glock pocket clip and I'm hoping this solves SOME issues.

http://gallowayprecision.com/images/D/trigger-holster_glock-g42_galloway-precision_5477.jpg

:O I like this idea!! Very minimal!
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Faliaphotography youtube channel is a gal that has reviewed many holsters and is concealing (or at least was) an M&P shield without issue at her 4:30. She wears the same snug fitting outfits my wife wears and conceals quite well.

Or you can visit her site here: http://www.faliaphotography.com/p/more-photos-my-bug-out-bag-guns-etc.html
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I print w/ my Glock 23 and don't worry about it.  The Kel Tec SUB-2000 rides in my murse.

Carry the little gun on you, carry a bigger gun w/ lights, lasers, bipod, RDS, night vision, bayonet, etc, in the purse.  Use the advantage of your gender - you can pack an Uzi in that thing.  If someone is stupid enough to grab the purse, shoot him w/ the little gun.  He doesn't know there's a gun in it.

Carry it w/ a thick cross strap, and the likelihood is he'll switch to an easier target that he doesn't have to wrestle w/ to get it away.

No one says you can only carry one gun.
View Quote

Good point. I have a sub2k too, and it does fit in my biggest purse.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out the bra holster.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Faliaphotography youtube channel is a gal that has reviewed many holsters and is concealing (or at least was) an M&P shield without issue at her 4:30. She wears the same snug fitting outfits my wife wears and conceals quite well.

Or you can visit her site here: http://www.faliaphotography.com/p/more-photos-my-bug-out-bag-guns-etc.html
View Quote

I'll check it out, thanks for the suggestion!
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I print w/ my Glock 23 and don't worry about it.  The Kel Tec SUB-2000 rides in my murse.

Carry the little gun on you, carry a bigger gun w/ lights, lasers, bipod, RDS, night vision, bayonet, etc, in the purse.  Use the advantage of your gender - you can pack an Uzi in that thing.  If someone is stupid enough to grab the purse, shoot him w/ the little gun.  He doesn't know there's a gun in it.

Carry it w/ a thick cross strap, and the likelihood is he'll switch to an easier target that he doesn't have to wrestle w/ to get it away.

My fiance has some big ass purses I could probably fit a Sig MPX into who knows with a shorter barrel I could probably fit a SCAR 17 in some of those big purses.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ex used to carry an XDM in a pair of under tech shorts and could not print in anything from jeans and a T-shirt, to sun dresses.

http://www.undertechundercover.com/index.php/concealed-carry/womens-shorts-legging.html

Apparently they do leggings now as well.
Either way, things work good and... well... if you're concerned about it look good.

Gal I knew was pushing 5'10" and about 110-120 lbs, so pretty thin framed herself.
View Quote

Those guys must be millionaires by now.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
if you occasionally dress in cargo shorts...a lot slower, but I have a very low perception of threat... I use a Recluse two side cargo model designed for cargo shorts if you typically wear them...slit front allows access to the grip and still hides the outline...

the perception that others will know you are carrying is common when you are new to concealed carry... most people don't have a clue... with the shall issue provision in Florida, you are not alone with a tell tale bulge, that most mistake for a cell phone case
View Quote

Concur.  The # of people that CCW is so small (even in a permitless state like AZ) and your average person's (lack of) situational awareness makes this true.

I wouldn't (don't) really worry about printing (I normally carry a [full size] Sig P226R or at least a G23) under a T-shirt; I'm not concerned if the butt prints or the bottom of the holster shows below the shirt.

You might also try asking this question in the women's forum...I doubt many of the "Girls of ARFCOM" will see it here.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
T-Shirt / Jeans = not conducive to carry.

Baggy clothes do not necessarily make you conspicuous.  You have to compromise SOMEWHERE.

I pocket carry a Sig P938.  It's thinner than the G42 (and my Ruger LCR, and my LC380 (which I sold when I found the Sig,) and it's very comfortable to shoot.  My friend's Bodyguard in .380 is 'snappier' than my 9mm.

I'm a little 'chunky' for IWB, and I don't trust OWB without some sort of covering garment, like a jacket.  Pocket carry is the way to go.

I'm willing to give up the light and the laser. Most SD scenarios happen at close distances, and a good set of night sights is what I'll rely on.  Would I like to have a rally small light (say, the size of a Crimson Trace...)?  Absolutely.  Much staying concealed is more important to me.

My two cents.
View Quote

Good point.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ex used to carry an XDM in a pair of under tech shorts and could not print in anything from jeans and a T-shirt, to sun dresses.

http://www.undertechundercover.com/index.php/concealed-carry/womens-shorts-legging.html
Apparently they do leggings now as well.

Either way, things work good and... well... if you're concerned about it look good.

Gal I knew was pushing 5'10" and about 110-120 lbs, so pretty thin framed herself.

I would hope so, their stuff is pretty well made. Though I think it might get passed over as "gimmicky" by a lot of people, or not on the radar at all in the first place.  It's why I like to recommend at least looking into for gals specifically, but guys as well who want deep concealment.  Stuff like LCP's and other micro .380's are straight up GONE.  It's not perfect for all people in every application, but it's a nice alternative and works well is some applications where traditional holsters don't. I.E. dresses/ athletic equipment.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  I don't use the laser for precision. The laser/flashlight is for two reasons.

1) I need the flashlight for dark shooting situations (walking in parking lots at nights, etc.). I've had issues before where my dad dropped something in the kitchen late at night in the dark and I got up to investigate. i called out and he didnt respond so I immediately assumed it was an intruder and he almost caught a knife in his kidney. He's hard of hearing. I don't ever want to be in that situation again. I cant be responsible for his action, I can only be responsible for mine. I have to be the responsible one.
2) I don't use the laser portion instead of sites. That would be foolish since they're only set for complete accuracy as 15 ft. What happens if my threat is closer or further away  I use it more like a general guideline of where i'm shooting. I am disabled physically so this guideline is extremely helpful. if the laser were to ever stop working in a time that I needed it though, I don't believe I would have any issue shooting without it. I train for both at the range.

View Quote

After experimenting w/ some green LASERs behind the gun counter, I'm wondering if the sights are for up close work, and the beam shouldn't be zeroed, say, @ 50 yds.  Sounds like you've got a nice setup.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I print w/ my Glock 23 and don't worry about it.  The Kel Tec SUB-2000 rides in my murse.

Is this a truce?  
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Purse carry is a horrible idea. For so many reasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
most people are oblivious of people printing. I don't know if it's because of so many people here in Florida carry or just we are so used to phones in pockets or on belts, I don't really know. I carry a Sig P229 Elite with the threaded barrel on it so it's a little longer and the beavertail on the Elite is more pronounced and I have only been made a few times and I carry everyday since 87. If you are a woman just carry in your purse, that is where my wife carries her .357 S&W  

I was going to say that if you do carry one in your purse (or murse and the case may be ) you'd better carry a backup somewhere else.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Does it really? Women don't control access to their purses well. Every woman's turned around to find a friend's two year old opening her compact, or shaking her keys. Fuck purse carry. If it's not important enough to carry on your person, then don't fucking bother because you're not serious about guns anyway. It's not a fucking lipstick, it doesn't go in your purse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It beats not carrying I guess, but yeah...

Does it really? Women don't control access to their purses well. Every woman's turned around to find a friend's two year old opening her compact, or shaking her keys. Fuck purse carry. If it's not important enough to carry on your person, then don't fucking bother because you're not serious about guns anyway. It's not a fucking lipstick, it doesn't go in your purse.

They design purses for carry. It is not the ideal access but you can shoot through the bag if you had to. If I have a wife she can carry a gun in any manner she is comfortable with, and trains from that scenario.

As far as other kids getting into your purse, that again is the responsibility of the holder to have the bag in appropriate place of safety.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If your legally conceal carrying I wouldn't even worry about printing

Then I wouldn't be too worried about it unless its illegal to print in Florida, which I don't believe it is.

The 1st couple of weeks of carry I was concerned about printing too, but after that I pretty much said to hell with it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Priority 1 Holsters offer an IWB with light option with a concealment wing to help tuck the grip in closer to the body. I have one for my Shield with TLR-1, and my Shield with TLR-6.

I only use them at work, because most everyone, including the owner, is anti gun. I work in a retail environment, and wear light weight polos over a tucked in undershirt. Lots of lifting, reaching, etc, and even the Glock doesn't give me any printing issue. Granted, I'm 6' and 180 lbs, but prior to a straight drop IWB with wing, the Glock 23 printed like crazy, so my 27 got carried more often.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like you need to go custom Kydex AIWB with a wedge on the bottom to push the gun in tighter against you.

Like this...

Some make their own DIY

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have a belly band the Pistol Wear PT-2.  I use it when I ride my bike with a Walther PPS and they also make a smaller version as well.  Belly bands work well because I am normally wearing gym shorts and a semi loose/fitted shirt.  I am 6'1" 145# so I am a slender guy and it disappears on me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try this, but lower on your hips than she's got it. Gun dead center, muzzle so low it's printing like a little dick. Belly bands smooth the contours of the gun and make it look like you're just a little fatter, whereas holsters add bulks and make a little lump. Go bigger on the band than you think you need, because your hips are bigger than your waist. Mine is from Galco, you can try them on at the gun store. They may have a blue gun to lend you while you try.

https://img0.etsystatic.com/107/0/9394392/il_340x270.883035532_id29.jpg

Oh, and cut off that top strap, you don't need it.

I have a belly band the Pistol Wear PT-2.  I use it when I ride my bike with a Walther PPS and they also make a smaller version as well.  Belly bands work well because I am normally wearing gym shorts and a semi loose/fitted shirt.  I am 6'1" 145# so I am a slender guy and it disappears on me.

This thread was going good, thigh holster, boobs & what not, then you come in with your slender guy gym shorts BS. ??
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
T-Shirt / Jeans = not conducive to carry.

Baggy clothes do not necessarily make you conspicuous.  You have to compromise SOMEWHERE.
I'm willing to give up the light

My two cents.
View Quote

I can easily conceal a full size Beretta and a spare 18rd mag while in jeansand a t shirt

a wml is a great addition

use a proper aiwb holster and a good belt
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
But you're unlikely to magically start concealing your setup just by finding 'a better holster'.

Do what you want.
View Quote

You'd be surprised
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And another thing: lose the laser. Use your sights, don't chase a dot, you're not a cat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Howdy folks, I'm hoping you can help!

I am a thin framed woman and I carry a Glock 42 with an attacked flashlight/laser accessory (streamlite TLR-6). I also have an extended magazine, mostly just for the pinky grip. Even with all the accessories, it's still not a big gun, but I am having the WORST time concealing it! I feel like I've tried every kind of holster to no avail. The only true concealment I can get at this point is a bulldog thigh holster under my church dresses, but I don't want to always have to wear dresses in order to conceal!

Does anyone else out there have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

The tlr6 is a great way to get a wml on  a tiny gun. The laser can be turned off
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Rabbits like lasers too.

But seriously, lose the TLR-6, it makes an already bulky gun even bulkier, which increases the compromises you have to make to conceal it.  Carrying concealed is all about compromises, you just have to decide what you are going to compromise on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am a thin framed woman and I carry a Glock 42 with an attacked flashlight/laser accessory (streamlite TLR-6). I also have an extended magazine, mostly just for the pinky grip. Even with all the accessories, it's still not a big gun, but I am having the WORST time concealing it! I feel like I've tried every kind of holster to no avail. The only true concealment I can get at this point is a bulldog thigh holster under my church dresses, but I don't want to always have to wear dresses in order to conceal!

Does anyone else out there have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

Rabbits like lasers too.

But seriously, lose the TLR-6, it makes an already bulky gun even bulkier, which increases the compromises you have to make to conceal it.  Carrying concealed is all about compromises, you just have to decide what you are going to compromise on.

the 42 and the tlr6 ARE the compromises. They are not bulky
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks in advance!

Rabbits like lasers too.

Not to a tiny woman. My Sheild was huge, and my Keltec conceals. It's a huge difference.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lights are great if you can make them work in context. I need lights on my house gun. Your reason for lasers doesn't make sense to me, but whatever floats your boat.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not to a tiny woman. My Sheild was huge, and my Keltec conceals. It's a huge difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks in advance!

Rabbits like lasers too.

which kel tec do you have?

Id be curious to see it next to a 42
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#31]
the LCP is virtually identical to the P3AT... shown with G42... I added the sights to the LCP

I carried the LCP in a modified Andrews Custom Leather pocket holster to which I added the kydex flap to help prevent printing... at the time Florida had a strict no printing law, which has now been amended

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
the LCP is virtually identical to the P3AT... shown with G42... I added the sights to the LCP

<a href="http://s825.photobucket.com/user/LesSnyder/media/001_zps09d9461d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/LesSnyder/001_zps09d9461d.jpg</a>

I carried the LCP in a modified Andrews Custom Leather pocket holster to which I added the kydex flap to help prevent printing... at the time Florida had a strict no printing law, which has now been amended

<a href="http://s825.photobucket.com/user/LesSnyder/media/001_zpsa7240e12.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/LesSnyder/001_zpsa7240e12.jpg</a>
View Quote

Not to mention that the LCP/P3AT is thinner than the 42, which can be a significant factor in how much a gun will print.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This thread was going good, thigh holster, boobs & what not, then you come in with your slender guy gym shorts BS. ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try this, but lower on your hips than she's got it. Gun dead center, muzzle so low it's printing like a little dick. Belly bands smooth the contours of the gun and make it look like you're just a little fatter, whereas holsters add bulks and make a little lump. Go bigger on the band than you think you need, because your hips are bigger than your waist. Mine is from Galco, you can try them on at the gun store. They may have a blue gun to lend you while you try.

https://img0.etsystatic.com/107/0/9394392/il_340x270.883035532_id29.jpg

Do you just like to troll threads.....  This is a tech forum not GD.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#34]
OP: I carry a G42 and have a hard time concealing, can I get some tips?

ARFCOM: G42 Sucks and is too big and you shouldn't chase a laser dot like a cat and you're not operating hard enough and wear a moo-moo so you can carry a G19 because there is no reason to carry a gun if it's not a G19. Glock sucks unless it's a 19 and if not get a LCP/KelTec, quit being a baby.

Did anyone offer any advice to the OP on how to conceal her CHOSEN weapon better or more easily? Nah.

OP: If the faliaphotography videos don't help, unload your gun (triple check) and place it directly in your waistband at various locations and cants while standing in front of a mirror. Do you usual motions while the gun is in a particular spot and see if you print. Once you find the spot where printing is the most minimal, that's where you need to carry. For some ladies (and gents) that may be the centerline (high noon), for others it's 1:00, 3:00, 3:30, 4:00, 4:30 etc... You just have to find the sweet spot for your body. It's easier to do it with an unloaded gun and no holster so you can just slide the gun around and adjust it's cant/ride height on demand so to speak. A little poke here and there no one will ever notice. You will because you know where to look, average population won't though.

I'm pretty confident you can conceal that 42 no problem, you just haven't found the right spot on your body yet. No matter where you have a gun on your body, certain motions are going to cause some minor printing, that's the nature of it. Your body is flexible and a gun is not, as you twist and turn the gun is not always going to want to follow the same path of motion. What you're hunting for is a position that is easily accessible to you, not easily accessible to a bad guy and stays concealed for your average activities and motions. Remember concealment is hidden from plain sight, not invisible.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

ARFCOM: G42 Sucks and is too big and you shouldn't chase a laser dot like a cat and you're not operating hard enough and wear a moo-moo so you can carry a G19 because there is no reason to carry a gun if it's not a G19. Glock sucks unless it's a 19 and if not get a LCP/KelTec, quit being a baby.

Did anyone offer any advice to the OP on how to conceal her CHOSEN weapon better or more easily? Nah.

OP: If the faliaphotography videos don't help, unload your gun (triple check) and place it directly in your waistband at various locations and cants while standing in front of a mirror. Do you usual motions while the gun is in a particular spot and see if you print. Once you find the spot where printing is the most minimal, that's where you need to carry. For some ladies (and gents) that may be the centerline (high noon), for others it's 1:00, 3:00, 3:30, 4:00, 4:30 etc... You just have to find the sweet spot for your body. It's easier to do it with an unloaded gun and no holster so you can just slide the gun around and adjust it's cant/ride height on demand so to speak. A little poke here and there no one will ever notice. You will because you know where to look, average population won't though.

I'm pretty confident you can conceal that 42 no problem, you just haven't found the right spot on your body yet. No matter where you have a gun on your body, certain motions are going to cause some minor printing, that's the nature of it. Your body is flexible and a gun is not, as you twist and turn the gun is not always going to want to follow the same path of motion. What you're hunting for is a position that is easily accessible to you, not easily accessible to a bad guy and stays concealed for your average activities and motions. Remember concealment is hidden from plain sight, not invisible.

View Quote

That's not true. We suggested different holsters. It's entirely possible she might be able to carry her gun with different holsters.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Friend of ours carries a Shield AIWB, but she almost always wears jeans.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're either a liar or have extremely poor reading comprehension.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Insert Eagle meme America reading is for *******

We suggested different holsters, belly bands, and a multitude of different options 4 pages of good info.

The OP I believe with the right holster could very easily concern her current setup.  I carry a G19\XC1 combo and I am a slender guy very easily.  Although I do not worry about printing at all anymore because I have realized the rest of the world does not pay attention to anything I do.  I could probably ride a unicycle dressed as a clown some days and I bet most people would not notice because they are to busy on their phones.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:  Insert Eagle meme America reading is for *******

We suggested different holsters, belly bands, and a multitude of different options 4 pages of good info.

The OP I believe with the right holster could very easily concern her current setup.  I carry a G19\XC1 combo and I am a slender guy very easily.  Although I do not worry about printing at all anymore because I have realized the rest of the world does not pay attention to anything I do.  I could probably ride a unicycle dressed as a clown some days and I bet most people would not notice because they are to busy on their phones.
View Quote

Have a unicycle you can borrow.  Probably don't want to carry appendix, however.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm just checking in on page four to make sure someone bought her a membership.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Have you checked out Falia?

http://www.faliaphotography.com/p/more-photos-my-bug-out-bag-guns-etc.html

View Quote

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

Another option is The Cornered Cat: she has some stuff on CCW and fashion.

And of course KeepingPiece2010:  She's regularly active, answers a lot of firearm questions, and for a while was running a series on female fashion and concealed carry.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's not true. We suggested different holsters. It's entirely possible she might be able to carry her gun with different holsters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh really?

Quoted:

--

Lights are great if you can make them work in context. I need lights on my house gun. Your reason for lasers doesn't make sense to me, but whatever floats your boat.

--

The Keltec you can carry beats the Glock you can't. At least try ditching the accessories. Or wear a winter coat in July so you can carry "your baby".

I find I make better choices when I do what works, rather than what triggers my emotions. But it's your guns, your wardrobe and your life.

--

So which of those comments were intended to help the OP with her problem concealing her chosen gun? My reading skills and comprehension are quite alright thank you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Oh really?

So which of those comments were intended to help the OP with her problem concealing her chosen gun? My reading skills and comprehension are quite alright thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh really?

Quoted:

--

--

The Keltec you can carry beats the Glock you can't. At least try ditching the accessories. Or wear a winter coat in July so you can carry "your baby".

I find I make better choices when I do what works, rather than what triggers my emotions. But it's your guns, your wardrobe and your life.

--

This one, among others:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:42:15 PM EDT
[#44]
And the reasoning behind the less flattering comments is?

I'm sorry, but this is like liberals claiming that Donald's one lewd comment is more heinous than the 39 times Hillary lied under oath. If you or any other members want to continue questioning my reading ability, feel free to PM me and we can continue the debate privately so as to not derail this thread further.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And the reasoning behind the less flattering comments is?

I'm sorry, but this is like liberals claiming that Donald's one lewd comment is more heinous than the 39 times Hillary lied under oath. If you or any other members want to continue questioning my reading ability, feel free to PM me and we can continue the debate privately so as to not derail this thread further.
View Quote

I'm so confused. You asked me to show where I had suggested a better holster and I did. That's not questioning your reading ability, it's answering you with what you asked for.

That's how you work out concealment.

1. Choose gun and light combo
2. Pick holster, realize it doesn't work with your outfit/bodytype.
3. Pick another holster. If it works, stop here. If it doesn't de-accessorize gun.
4. If stripping gun works, stop here. If it doesn't, pick another gun.
5. Slip mouse gun into bellyband, wiggle into skinny jeans and sashay out the door.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:21:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably not the best idea to try during Clownmageddon '16
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true.... Ok maybe I would just wear a Daffy Duck costume.  Just this morning I saw a girl so busy on her phone walk into a glass sliding door trying to go to the library.  I laughed out loud and hardly anyone else noticed because they were to busy snapgraming about their new kitty cat.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This is true.... Ok maybe I would just wear a Daffy Duck costume.  Just this morning I saw a girl so busy on her phone walk into a glass sliding door trying to go to the library.  I laughed out loud and hardly anyone else noticed because they were to busy snapgraming about their new kitty cat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember this isn't GD please say on topic.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Geez -seems like anyone could conceal a Glock Anything with an MTAC Minotaur /Jeans and a T-Shirt, in comfort yet- Although I never tried mine with a shirt tucked in, and I'm not a lady.

Sucks that good holsters are expensive to try, just to find that it might not be the one for you.

Personally rather than spending hundreds on holsters trying to find the ONE, I might seriously consider getting unstuck on that fat Glock of yours and get a smaller gun. It doesnt even need to be a 'mouse'gun, just something smaller. More guns is better guns anyway, so get a smaller gun.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top