Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/7/2002 10:13:39 PM EDT
What do you wear as a covering garment over your holster?

I go with bowling type shirts in cool patterns or oversized tee shirts.

Do you practice coming out of concealment?

I make it a two-handed thing, with the left (non-firing) hand yanking up the covering garment and the right (firing) hand getting a good firing grip on the weapon before it comes out of the holster.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:20:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:23:47 AM EDT
I, unfortunately, had to wear a suit when I was carrying for a living. I would keep something in the right hand (strong side) pocket at all times, normally keys or a couple of cartridges, so that when I would go to use the blade of my hand to "wipe" the coat away as I was drawing, it would swing freely back.

Photo vests and fanny packs scream GUN, these days, so an IWB and an Aloha shirt are what I wear. Since I wear Aloha or polo shirts all the time, people get used to me wearing them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 11:40:16 AM EDT
Hawaiian shirt untucked or golf/polo shirt untucked with strong side IWB or Keltec p-11 on a beltclip. Bug is an ankle holster with P-11 or in the pocket p-32

If I must tuck it's just the ankle holster P-11.

I think I need a smaller .45 that will fit in an ankle holster..don't you?

A Para 6.45?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 11:41:00 AM EDT
Hawaiian shirt untucked or golf/polo shirt untucked with strong side IWB or Keltec p-11 on a beltclip. Bug is an ankle holster with P-11 or in the pocket p-32

If I must tuck it's just the ankle holster P-11.

I think I need a smaller .45 that will fit in an ankle holster..don't you?

A Para 6.45?

I do practice pulling the weapon from IWB and ankle...Ankle is slower
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:25:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/9/2002 4:26:54 PM EDT by DaveT]
Coz,
Since you now use the P-11 or P-32, you might consider the Glock 36 for a flat, lightweight 45. Keeping the same basic concept for your weapons system (grab it and pull the trigger) makes a certain ammount of sense. No new habits to develop or manual of arms to learn. Someting to think about. YMMV!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:02:29 PM EDT
I carry my Kimber Ultra CDP most of the year in a IWB holster under shirts, jackets, etc. In the summer I carry it in a Uncle Mikes Sidekick belt type bag and in Thunderware under everything from jeans to shorts.
Top Top