Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/4/2017 12:05:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DOGolden]
We put together a quickie show and tell video so that you can see what the difference is between the two after market stock adapter sets that are available.  Hope this helps in your decision making process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C9UcCdHQqQ&feature=share

One of the guys at the shop brought in his VZ-58 and I managed to find one as well.  Mine is the FDE/puke colored rattle can paint job (that's how I got it I swear).  Hopefully we showed you what both aftermarket stocks look like.

I liked the Zhukov stock on my DOD trade in WASR-10 but it just didn't cut the mustard as I had it installed on my VZ.  If you are going to run a red dot or maybe even a scope I think this set up rocks.

BUT ~ the StormWerkz adapter with the m4 style tube/stock is the way to go.  It's easy.  Brainless.  And 100% functional.

YMMV...

Editor's note:  Removing the big screw from the back of the folding stock is a MAJOR BITCH!  We had to heat up the screw with a torch for 90 seconds and then use an impact wrench.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#1]
If I heard correctly, the adapters are for the VZ2008 only?

My VZ58 has a different stock adapter on it?

Thanks for the video.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:14:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DOGolden] [#2]
You are welcome, the video was our pleasure to shoot since it's the only time we have ever had two of them in the shop at the same time.

My pal Jeff (guy who started the narration) say that the adapters will work on the VZ2008 rifles.

(my apologies for referring to the VZ2008's as VZ58's)

- Darrell
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top