Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2015 6:04:25 PM EDT
I picked this one up in a trade for a PSA AK I put together from a barreled receiver. It came with four mags, pouch, bayonet, and sling.

I ordered a muzzle nut, and a extra mag from Gun Parts Corp and a set of night sights off eBay for it.

I knew up front when I traded for it that it did not have the tabbed carrier.

It shoots great and shows no "gremlin" shenanigans yet but I may as well be pro-active about the whole thing plus it should be a good selling point were I to part with it in the future.

I guess my question is who would be a good person/company to both make and install the tab?

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Good place to start, active forum, lots of guides - http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=67.0
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 10:43:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1srelluc] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By texashomeserver:

Good place to start, active forum, lots of guides - http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=67.0
View Quote

I think I'm going with the Forced March guy.....Thanks.

I also ordered a unissued fixed stock off of eBay.....$54.18 shipped. Seemed reasonable for a new stock and all the hardware.

The folder looks cool, works OK and all that but I think I'd prefer a fixed stock.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252013392655?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

LOL....Good thing I read where the folder's attaching screw was secured with red Loc-Tite.

Of course I just had to try with my big-assed screwdriver/vice grip combo, old man strength, and nope, it would not budge.

I hit the head of the screw a few seconds with a small butane micro-torch and re-applied the big-assed screw driver and it came right off with no fuss at all.

I cleaned off the internal/external threads and put some BLUE Loc-Tite on it and reinstalled it.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, the stock makes a big difference. My screw was both peened and gooped with red loctite. I got the UTG underfolder stock pad for the folder, kept it and it's now on the fixed stock as a buffer, adds just enough LOP for the small stock to make it right.

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Model-Combat-Butt-Pad/dp/B002TUSK06
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Im still looking for someone to tab my bolt, i have tried to contact forced march on the Cz forum but to no avail. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a dude on the Original CZ forum that goes by the name of Forced March... Welding Service
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:13:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I did mine myself. If you have a buddy with a welder and some skills it's really not that hard.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By blfuller:
There's a dude on the Original CZ forum that goes by the name of Forced March... Welding Service
View Quote
Yes, i have tried to contact him many times but get no response. I dont know anyone with a welder and prefer to just send it to someone.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Forced March did mine last winter. If he can't be reached on the CZ forum you might try to just pick up a carrier that's already tabbed.

With shipping I think my tab job ran about $60. I looked at just ordering a tabbed carrier for $100 shipped, maybe Apex?

I know Forced March wasn't the only one doing these jobs, but he seemed to have the best feedback. And I thought he was still doing trigger work as well.

Might also check the 'orphan' section of AKfiles as well for anyone doing VZ work.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top