Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did anyone else get a locator jig with their M92?

ETA- I feel like a real dummy. Mine was already drilled and just had a rubber plug. I thought it had a patch spot welded over it. Bolted right together
View Quote

I'd love to find one. I tried using a 3/8" dowel with paint on the tip, while holding the brace against the receiver. I thought I kept it on there steady enough but it seems like it marked it a little too nuch to theleft.
I'm gonna try again with a buddy holding it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Received my second brace. Schmeisser quad mag in my ZPAP.

Link Posted: 5/29/2021 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Received my second brace. Schmeisser quad mag in my ZPAP.

https://i.imgur.com/z3a7sOW.jpg
View Quote

Very nice, please let us know how the quad stack mag works out.

I think my stock pre-order is on 4 weeks at the moment from CNC, no huge hurry since I sent my AK out for work.

You'll like your brace though, the thing is rock solid.

How much room is between the folded brace and receiver? Im just curious. Totally rules out a side rail, even something low profile like a RS Regulate?
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Very nice, please let us know how the quad stack mag works out.

I think my stock pre-order is on 4 weeks at the moment from CNC, no huge hurry since I sent my AK out for work.

You'll like your brace though, the thing is rock solid.

How much room is between the folded brace and receiver? Im just curious. Totally rules out a side rail, even something low profile like a RS Regulate?
View Quote

I think it will clear a side rail. It clears the chunky quad mag.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Received my shipping notification on Thursday. It will be delivered Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#6]
It's probably worth while to make a comment on the new rules before some public dependent turns all of us into felons for having braces.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/save-the-braces
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#7]
My stock finally shipped, if it gives anyone a rough estimate waiting on braces.

Took about 45 days.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Still waiting on my supposedly in-stock folding stock- between their crappy early 2000s style website and not sending a shipping notice I'm not impressed so far.  

Example of high quality tech support- note captioning in upper left :
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Still waiting on my supposedly in-stock folding stock- between their crappy early 2000s style website and not sending a shipping notice I'm not impressed so far.  

Example of high quality tech support- note captioning in upper left :
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70832/Capture_a_-_Copy_JPG-1998149.JPG
View Quote

Hah that's funny. Also the Bonesteel Website is even worse imo. Reminds me of something I made as a Teenager on Yahoo Web Hosting.

Anyways it's damn well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Finally got a notice a shipping label was created- for a product listed as in-stock and ordered on June 21st.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 7:22:16 AM EDT
[#11]
^^ I bought the same thing when I made my Draco a sbr, just use cutting oil when drilling, backplate is hardened steel.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Just wanted to come back and say very nice brace and mine apparently will forever remain in the open position because I can’t get the damn thing to unlock so I can fold it!

Wow, so firmer and firmer pressure applied won’t do it but strong slap Russian way will.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just wanted to come back and say very nice brace and mine apparently will forever remain in the open position because I can’t get the damn thing to unlock so I can fold it!

Wow, so firmer and firmer pressure applied won’t do it but strong slap Russian way will.
View Quote

It may need a slap at first. Oil the hinge area, and start working the brace/stock up and down. Also fold/unfold a few times. You might see some wear on the finish but it will smooth out/get easier. Ive only had the stock lock ooen and need a smack to fold if I dropped it or mortared it  

Despite this is still locks up solid and has very minimal wiggle if any.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Some guidance please gents. I notice the CNC menu list includes the 'Stamped AK' modelmentioned before and a PSA AKV model. Any idea which is most appropriate for a AKV direct mount?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#15]
FYI Spoke with CNC Warrior, you can buy just the back ends from them if you want to change your brace to a stock down the road.

Like I purchased a blem tubular pretty cheap.

You just pull the hinge pin. Install the new back end; ready to go.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top