Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What was the challenging thing about the install?
View Quote

The brace that came on my PSA must have been installed by a gorilla as it took everything I had to get it off and then the screw and nut that attach inside of the of the receiver required some finesse and patience.

I suspect these are issues associated with the PSA design but nonetheless my experiences.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for getting back to let us know about your experience.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#3]

That looks really nice! Did you have to drill a hole for the brace? How did you do it? Wherre can I find that vented forearm cover?
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That looks really nice! Did you have to drill a hole for the brace? How did you do it? Wherre can I find that vented forearm cover?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I don't know if he got his here, but you can get cheese grater upper handguards here.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know what CNC Warriors shipping times are for stuff that is *in stock*?
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't know if he got his here, but you can get cheese grater upper handguards here.
View Quote

Alright, thanks!
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 3:54:37 AM EDT
[#7]

nice
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#8]
@MAKAK47

How is your optic attached on that M92?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone get anything from them recently?  It's been over 8 weeks since I ordered a stock from them, and it's still processing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:23:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Ordered in November and nothing yet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ordered in November and nothing yet.
View Quote

I got my shipping notice today, for an order placed 11/18.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:29:34 PM EDT
[#12]
From CNCW or Bonsteel?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
From CNCW or Bonsteel?
View Quote

CNCW
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:09:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Just ordered mine today from CNCW. Local gunsmith is going to charge $50 to drill the hole in my AK. With the drill kit at $25, and cutting oil at $5, an extra $20 seems like a good investment to get it done right the first time, especially since this is a permanent irreversible modification. I will update once my package has shipped.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

Came in the other day, and installed today. So far I'm thinking it was worth the wait.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#16]
The wait sucks, but IMO it is worth it.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/499876/20210215_201153_jpg-1827426.JPG
Came in the other day, and installed today. So far I'm thinking it was worth the wait.
View Quote

Does that lock in the closed position?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Wish the drill kit and guide would come back in stock
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Does that lock in the closed position?
View Quote

It's kept closed due to spring pressure when closed, but it's not really "locked" (unlike say an original triangle folder that has a latch on the side of the receiver).  You can quickly open the stock by giving it a quick pull to overcome the spring pressure and swing it open.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Can someone post a link to the 1913 version? I’d like one for my ZPAP M85 that already has the pic rail.  I’m not seeing it on the website.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can someone post a link to the 1913 version? I’d like one for my ZPAP M85 that already has the pic rail.  I’m not seeing it on the website.
View Quote

Their website is a dumpster fire and whoever designed it ought to be thrown to the wolves. I was looking for it as well and can't find it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:06:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Can someone post a link to the 1913 version? I'd like one for my ZPAP M85 that already has the pic rail.  I'm not seeing it on the website.
View Quote
This is the brace.  Looks like there is a 1913 option.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:20:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is the brace.  Looks like there is a 1913 option.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Ordered. How long is the wait? 8 weeks?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/499876/20210215_201153_jpg-1827426.JPG
View Quote

@AZ5326X2  How do you like the left side folder? I'm now looking at these as an option and trying to decide whether to go left or right, and 8" or 9".
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ordered. How long is the wait? 8 weeks?
View Quote

I think right around there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

@AZ5326X2  How do you like the left side folder? I'm now looking at these as an option and trying to decide whether to go left or right, and 8" or 9".
View Quote

I've got a "Galil-ish" Saiga conversion that I went with a right side folder, and it makes it challenging get to the selector switch when folded, so I wanted a left side folder for this one.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've got a "Galil-ish" Saiga conversion that I went with a right side folder, and it makes it challenging get to the selector switch when folded, so I wanted a left side folder for this one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking, same reason the Russians went with left side.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anyone know what CNC Warriors shipping times are for stuff that is *in stock*?
View Quote

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.

I want to order a left hand galil style stock. But I don't want to wait 4 months for something that is "in stock"

I'm really surprised there aren't more companies selling stocks like this for stamped AKs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Hmm... I’d like to get one for a SAM7 but it appears there is no option to order one...
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Put in an order on 1/24 for a Sidefolding Armbrace - Draco - Right Hand. Anxiously waiting...

ETA: Shipped 03/03, so about 5 weeks
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Ordered mine for my M92 on the way. Got right hand fold for optic friendly
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:59:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Ok, I just ordered the brace for my M92 from Bonesteel. Let's see how long it takes.
I just recieved my brace yesterday on 8April2021. This thing is tight and locks rock-solid! I have a few questions for installation on an M92 PAP without the drilled hole in the back. How big a hole is needed for the brace?
Do you need to drill the hole at an angle, parallel to the angle or drill parallel to rails?
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I actually cancelled my right side folder and ordered a left side. I also ordered the CNC warrior optics rail. It attaches slightly different than the stormwerkz, so I am not sure if that was a good decision or not.

Link Posted: 3/31/2021 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#35]
My brace shipped and shows delivery for tomorrow. That’s 6 weeks to the day.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cheese grater handguard piece is from Kyhber customs, check out their website, great dudes!

Yes drill a hold in the receiver, it comes wi the instructions and there’s some good references online, CNC Warrior has the instructions as well
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
@MAKAK47

How is your optic attached on that M92?
View Quote

Mastermount side rail, then RS Regulate optic mount
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 2:42:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Cheese grater handguard piece is from Kyhber customs, check out their website, great dudes!

Yes drill a hold in the receiver, it comes wi the instructions and there’s some good references online, CNC Warrior has the instructions as well
View Quote

Thanks for the info on the handguard!
I just recieved my brace yesterday on 8April2021, ordered on 3March21. It didn't come with any instructions. This thing is tight and locks rock-solid! I can't wait to get this on my gun! I have a few questions for installation on an M92 PAP without the drilled hole in the back. How big a hole is needed for the brace?
Do you need to drill the hole at an angle, parallel to the angle or drill parallel to rails?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I really want to order this brace right now. I’m torn between the Picatinny attachment for a Sam 7K-44 or the direct mount to the receiver. Obviously, the rail attachment is easier. I imagine the direct mount is sturdier.

Anyone done a SAM7K-44 direct mount? How difficult is it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 2:00:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I really want to order this brace right now. I’m torn between the Picatinny attachment for a Sam 7K-44 or the direct mount to the receiver. Obviously, the rail attachment is easier. I imagine the direct mount is sturdier.

Anyone done a SAM7K-44 direct mount? How difficult is it?
View Quote

I was actually looking into ordering a pic rail so that it would increase the LOP, but decided to wait and see how it felt before I bought the little rail. The main reason II wanted it was so that it would look closer to my SAM7SF.
What's the price difference between the 2?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I was actually looking into ordering a pic rail so that it would increase the LOP, but decided to wait and see how it felt before I bought the little rail. The main reason II wanted it was so that it would look closer to my SAM7SF.
What's the price difference between the 2?
View Quote

$169.99 for the brace regardless of style. I decided to order two for the AK-V, one direct mount for SAM7K-44, and one for 1913 picatinny to check out. Glad I placed that order after today. Another school shooting.

All this shit gonna get banned.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 3:20:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I actually cancelled my right side folder and ordered a left side. I also ordered the CNC warrior optics rail. It attaches slightly different than the stormwerkz, so I am not sure if that was a good decision or not.

View Quote

@WantsAnRRA

Hows the Optics Rail, any pics? I just ordered one.

I am curious about the heat since it doesn't touch the gas block. My gas tube lever was messed up, so Im going to attach the rail with that method through the sight block. Should be extra secure.

Just ordered a lefty folding stock for my rifle  i don't care for how the right side folders block the safety and prohibit the use of a charging handle knob
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 3:40:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

$169.99 for the brace regardless of style. I decided to order two for the AK-V, one direct mount for SAM7K-44, and one for 1913 picatinny to check out. Glad I placed that order after today. Another school shooting.

All this shit gonna get banned.
View Quote

Yup. Get them quick as you can. So they sell the little pic rail by itself, and can it be installed by  drilling a hole and then adding the brace?
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#44]
@Capt_Destro

The rail didn’t show up until just a few days ago so I haven’t had a chance to Mount it.

I would probably go with the Stormwerkz as it appears to be longer in the pictures
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
@Capt_Destro

The rail didn’t show up until just a few days ago so I haven’t had a chance to Mount it.

I would probably go with the Stormwerkz as it appears to be longer in the pictures
View Quote

Thanks! Im hoping my rail ships out a bit quicker. I called before hand and they had 3 in stock. My Gas Tube Lever is already removed (I have a few extra from Kvar and the appropriate latch key punches from Robert Forbus if I need to reinstall)

Stormwerkz would be awesome, but a majority of the stocks I want to use with it are out of stock. Ace/Circle Quarter are sold out.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Brace shipped 4/16, arrived today. "Rock solid" is an understatement. When locked, it's as if it's one solid machined piece. No, zero, nada, absolutely no play at all. You have the ability to club someone to death with this no problem, just like every AK should be able to.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#47]
OK, I found these instructions online. It says to use a 3/8" drill bit but that seems a little big for me. Did you guys use this size? The bit is about as big as the screw head that tightens the brace to the gun.
Here are the instructions.CNC Warrior instructions
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OK, I found these instructions online. It says to use a 3/8" drill bit but that seems a little big for me. Did you guys use this size? The bit is about as big as the screw head that tightens the brace to the gun.
Here are the instructions.CNC Warrior instructions
View Quote

No! I used a 5/16 or 9/32. I used the tightest bit that would allow the screw through. Sorry I can't remember the size. 3/8 seemed way too big to me as well
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Did anyone else get a locator jig with their M92?

ETA- I feel like a real dummy. Mine was already drilled and just had a rubber plug. I thought it had a patch spot welded over it. Bolted right together
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No! I used a 5/16 or 9/32. I used the tightest bit that would allow the screw through. Sorry I can't remember the size. 3/8 seemed way too big to me as well
View Quote

Alright, thanks. I was thinking a 5/16 would be a better choice also.
Page / 5
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top