User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ordered my brace from bonesteel on 29 April.

Got the order confirmation but nothing since then.  The brace was supposedly in stock when I ordered it. Granted The website it said 1-6 weeks for delivery on the day I placed the order so I’m still patiently waiting.
View Quote

I waited 10 weeks. No word from him. Couldn't get him on the phone or leave a message. So I charged back.
Too bad, looked like a nice brace.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I waited 10 weeks. No word from him. Couldn't get him on the phone or leave a message. So I charged back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ordered my brace from bonesteel on 29 April.

Got the order confirmation but nothing since then.  The brace was supposedly in stock when I ordered it. Granted The website it said 1-6 weeks for delivery on the day I placed the order so I’m still patiently waiting.

CNC Warrior is still no better right now. Im just going to wait because nobody else offers a quality left hand folder for a standard rear trunion.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thinking about a brace for my PSA

Which receiver designation do I need to go with and is there any reason to not go left side fold?

I figure it will be out of the way of the charging handle, any cons I’m not thinking of?
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Which receiver designation do I need to go with and is there any reason to not go left side fold?

I figure it will be out of the way of the charging handle, any cons I’m not thinking of?
View Quote

Just want to say true... left fold doesn't impead charging handle. But it sugs tryin to carry gun slung and folded. I tried both ways and settled on right folding for 2 guns now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

@ncozzo

I went with the stock below for my AKV. I have no issues with it.

29380 Sidefolding Armbrace - AK stamped - Left hand
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody know which option will fit the PSA AK?

Side note - haven’t shot it yet but really impressed with the quality of this little AK seems really solid.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

CNC Warrior is still no better right now. Im just going to wait because nobody else offers a quality left hand folder for a standard rear trunion.
View Quote

If I understand correctly, Bonesteel makes the brace CNC warrior sells.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought it was the other way around and that cnc was the oem.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally got shipping confirmation from CNC warrior

Order was placed 5/7/2020
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 1:30:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Left hand stock arrived today, but I'm having some second thoughts. Going to give ARF a chance at it before I decide to return it.

LOP with the butt pad is just not for me. I guess I'm more of a fan of an adjustable.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Placed an order yesterday through the bonesteel website so let’s see how long this takes...
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Placed an order yesterday through the bonesteel website so let’s see how long this takes...
View Quote

I'm just at a little over 10 weeks...
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm just at a little over 10 weeks...
View Quote

I've pretty much given up.  I purchased (and it has already shipped) a stormwerks picatinny adapter, and i've sourced an Sb tactical triangle brace which should hit the mail tomorrow.  Gonna get those mounted up and if i like them, sell the bonesteel brace if it ever arrives.  if i dont like it i think i'm gonna bite the bullet for an A3 tactical brace arm, then i gotta find a tailhook.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#14]
My brace arrived today but it's possible that they either shipped the wrong one or didn't finish it. Ordered the Stamped model (as I've seen numerous places - compatible with AK-P. Also said in comments 'if not compatible with PSA AK-P please advise) and it came with only one screw and one screw hole.

For anyone who has the stamped model, does this look correct?

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#15]
The wait for cnc warrior is worth it. I got a 4 piece bulgy and the right folding brace for a zpap. I could not be happier. Everything else on the market is a compromise.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 12:09:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My brace arrived today but it's possible that they either shipped the wrong one or didn't finish it. Ordered the Stamped model (as I've seen numerous places - compatible with AK-P. Also said in comments 'if not compatible with PSA AK-P please advise) and it came with only one screw and one screw hole.

https://i.imgur.com/S1XBWXC.jpg

For anyone who has the stamped model, does this look correct?

View Quote

Yeah, the U up front uses a screw and nut, while the rear hole has a screw. This allows installation on different stamped rifles without having to worry too much about tolerances/screw holes not lining up.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, the U up front uses a screw and nut, while the rear hole has a screw. This allows installation on different stamped rifles without having to worry too much about tolerances/screw holes not lining up.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply - Are the screw and nut for the front supposed to come with it?
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply - Are the screw and nut for the front supposed to come with it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It should have, I'd contact CNC warrior for one. They have pretty good CS, but they have been swamped lately.

Iif you want to go to the hardware store make sure that the screw head fits the tang/hole of your AK

I think they use a 10-32 x 3/8 Stainless Oval-head screw with a 10-32 jam nut.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It should have, I'd contact CNC warrior for one. They have pretty good CS, but they have been swamped lately.

Iif you want to go to the hardware store make sure that the screw head fits the tang/hole of yonur AK

View Quote

Cheers thanks!
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Iif you want to go to the hardware store make sure that the screw head fits the tang/hole of yonur AK

View Quote

Trip to the hardware store and cut down a screw. 3/8 was too short and 3/4 was too long...I cut a few mm off and it fit.

Other thing that helped was wrapping the extension into electrical tape. It was pretty loose without and I didnt want one screw alone holding it tight.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/GpMQgYX.jpg

Trip to the hardware store and cut down a screw. 3/8 was too short and 3/4 was too long...I cut a few mm off and it fit.

Other thing that helped was wrapping the extension into electrical tape. It was pretty loose without and I didnt want one screw alone holding it tight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/GpMQgYX.jpg

That is surprising. Had to take a rubber mallet and use oil to seat mine
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Has anyone tried one of these braces on a pistol equipped with a Tromix oversized charging knob?

I'm concerned about clearance issues between the knob and the top of the brace.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried one of these braces on a pistol equipped with a Tromix oversized charging knob?

I'm concerned about clearance issues between the knob and the top of the brace.
View Quote

Yes it will. Left folding is the solution.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, i Just Emailed Bonesteel to tell them to cancel my order.  I've been waiting since April 29th.   I'm going to give him a day or so to reply that it has been cancelled, otherwise i'm just going to do a charge back
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, i Just Emailed Bonesteel to tell them to cancel my order.  I've been waiting since April 29th.   I'm going to give him a day or so to reply that it has been cancelled, otherwise i'm just going to do a charge back
View Quote

fyi,..

@ttushooter

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ak-47/Anyone-get-their-Bonesteel-stocks-/64-166771/
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#26]

oh boy
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just got off the phone with him and he said that order placed in July are about 3 weeks out.

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Just got off the phone with him and he said that order placed in July are about 3 weeks out.

View Quote

Lol. Sure.

Ordered mine April 29th.

He never responded to my email about canceling my order and sure as fuck ever refunded me.

I’m waiting for my bank to complete their chargeback claim to get my money.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Lol. Well shit. He never returned my calls or emails to cancel the order or refund the purchase.

My bank processed the charge back today.

And I just got a shipping notice 5 minutes ago.

Now I gotta do the rope a dope again to make it right.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lol. Well shit. He never returned my calls or emails to cancel the order or refund the purchase.

My bank processed the charge back today.

And I just got a shipping notice 5 minutes ago.

Now I gotta do the rope a dope again to make it right.
View Quote

Haha yea I had to call Chris about a dozen times before he picked up, glad yours shipped.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone figured out a way to mount a CNC Warrior brace to an Ace/ Lage/ 2 bolt style mount??

I want to get the brace for a ZPAP and I would prefer it be somewhat modular to other AK pistols, but I'm not enthusiastic about 1913 picatinny version.

Any ideas??
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Has anyone figured out a way to mount a CNC Warrior brace to an Ace/ Lage/ 2 bolt style mount??

I want to get the brace for a ZPAP and I would prefer it be somewhat modular to other AK pistols, but I'm not enthusiastic about 1913 picatinny version.

Any ideas??
View Quote

I went with stormwerkz m92/85 1913 adapter and the picatinny CNC warrior brace.

Love it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm looking to add a cnc warrior brace to my yugo/krink/M92/whatever pistol. I'm not sure what kind of option to pick for the brace. The sling attachment is more towards the bottom of the trunnion, not in the middle. Any opinions?

Link Posted: 11/13/2020 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm looking to add a cnc warrior brace to my yugo/krink/M92/whatever pistol. I'm not sure what kind of option to pick for the brace. The sling attachment is more towards the bottom of the trunnion, not in the middle. Any opinions?

https://i.imgur.com/M6kHrIm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YufyZNn.jpg
View Quote

I’ve got a picatinny 1913 adapter that probably fits the pre drilled rear trunnion. I’ll shoot you a DM
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:59:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Does the CNC Warrior armbrace come with an ATF approval letter in the box? If not, is there one available online?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Nope, because it’s not ATF approved.
As is most of the braces SB Tactical sells.
If memory serves, the only braces with approval letters are the first gen KAK blade, the SB47, SB15, MPX PSB and Tailhook mod 1 & mod 2.
I think it was Jan. 2018 when the ATF revised their approval process and required any submissions for braces to be submitted on an actual firearm. I don’t remember anyone seeking or getting approval after that.
Usually if a brace comes with an approval letter, they’ll mention it. When Century or Palmetto State Armory sells a brace they’ll specifically mention if it comes with a letter. FWIW, I bought a PSA complete pistol lower with a PSA branded SOB brace. No letter.

Edit: I’m not saying don’t buy this brace, I have one, it’s amazing. Just be aware that just cause someone calls it a brace, doesn’t mean it’s coming with an approval letter.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#38]
I have this gun....

It's has a  picatinny piece attached to the rear of the receiver which is what the brace locks on to.

Is there a CNC Warrior model that would attach in the same way and simply be a direct swap? No mods, just pop off the old and attach the new?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have this gun....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/75/DF13860E-84A9-4323-805F-F1E686AFBB3B-1106238.jpg

It's has a  picatinny piece attached to the rear of the receiver which is what the brace locks on to.

Is there a CNC Warrior model that would attach in the same way and simply be a direct swap? No mods, just pop off the old and attach the new?
View Quote

Yes, there is a drop down menu on the CNC Warrior website where you pick your mounting option. You'd want the "1913 Picatinny Rail" option.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nope, because it’s not ATF approved.
As is most of the braces SB Tactical sells.
If memory serves, the only braces with approval letters are the first gen KAK blade, the SB47, SB15, MPX PSB and Tailhook mod 1 & mod 2.
I think it was Jan. 2018 when the ATF revised their approval process and required any submissions for braces to be submitted on an actual firearm. I don’t remember anyone seeking or getting approval after that.
Usually if a brace comes with an approval letter, they’ll mention it. When Century or Palmetto State Armory sells a brace they’ll specifically mention if it comes with a letter. FWIW, I bought a PSA complete pistol lower with a PSA branded SOB brace. No letter.

Edit: I’m not saying don’t buy this brace, I have one, it’s amazing. Just be aware that just cause someone calls it a brace, doesn’t mean it’s coming with an approval letter.
View Quote

I see. So if they're not approved then my worry would be that it could be seen as being no different than having a stock on it. The company making them can call it a brace, but without it being officially defined in writing, it could be called anything someone wanted to call it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#41]
There’s a good article on TTAG covering the history up to current events on braces that included opinion letters from the ATF.

I was mistaken, the SOB & SBM4 also has an approval letter.

One thing I did learn from this article is that SB Tactical has been submitting new brace designs since 2018, but they’ve not received any approval.

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Well I just got a tracking number for my brace. Order was placed in early July
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow. Ok...4 month lead time.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you order from Bonesteel Arms or CNC Warrior directly?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Wow. Ok...4 month lead time.
View Quote

Doesn't early July put it at 5 months?
If they're banned before they ship do we get our money back :)
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Did you order from Bonesteel Arms or CNC Warrior directly?
View Quote

I bought mine directly from Bonesteel
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I bought mine directly from Bonesteel
View Quote

I've read it takes longer to get from Bonesteel than from CNC Warrior (the manufacture) directly.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Ordered in May, delivered today
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Man that was a pain in the ass to put on but once it’s on, it’s a really nice addition!
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Man that was a pain in the ass to put on but once it’s on, it’s a really nice addition!
View Quote

What was the challenging thing about the install?
Page / 5
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top