User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my theory is you could run cz75 mags in this, and then have the real ultimate "rifle"/pistol combo, not that tupperware crap...

i agree foregrip lame, these will be awesome guys, buy em up so we can get more and better versions!

woudl the tech sigths work on this?

also, who has suppressed one, or someone who has one could you measure barrel protrusion so we could see if we have enough material to thread 1/2-28?  thanks!
View Quote
What's wrong with Beretta magazines? Never heard of them being called tupperware.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:  What's wrong with Beretta magazines? Never heard of them being called tupperware.
View Quote
They mostly fit in Berettas.    Nothing wrong w/ the magazine itself, easily modified to fit several other firearms that actually have decent trigger setups.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They mostly fit in Berettas.    Nothing wrong w/ the magazine itself, easily modified to fit several other firearms that actually have decent trigger setups.
View Quote
Just giving you some crap, lol
If I had a bunch of 30 round Cz-75 mags(do they exist?) that's what I would use, as it is I have lots of beretta and glock mags. Who knows maybe Tromix will make a magwell for the Cz mags?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Lanbos has these for $393.00.

I really hope someone comes up with a better looking forearm and mag well for these. I almost want to buy one in anticipation for a release.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Who knows maybe Tromix will make a magwell for the Cz mags?
View Quote
I'm still working on my personal gun.  The magwell is done and works great with 33rd curved steel magazines......the gun looks much better with a curved magazine in place.  I'm working on the front end next.

Tony
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually finding this better built than I had thought it would be, I had the feeling the plastic would be all wiggly but on the whole its a pretty solid piece.

Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Can you post a pic of your gun with the blade/brace extended?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Haven't sent the adapters out for anodize yet so don't mind the bright aluminum.

Tony,
Looking forward to your curved mag adapter, I think that will make the look fantastic !
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#9]
It looks like the stock is angling upward off the back of the receiver....or is it just the angle of the pic?

Tony
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It looks like the stock is angling upward off the back of the receiver....or is it just the angle of the pic?

Tony
View Quote
It's dead flat with the receiver, just a trick of the camera.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Why am I just finding out about this?! I just saw this thread for the first time this morning, and I've done nothing but watch video reviews since.

I have a fixed mount 9mm can and have been wanting to do another SBR. Damn. Now I have to have one.

Where is the best place going to pick one up? Gunbroker? Atlantic?
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why am I just finding out about this?! I just saw this thread for the first time this morning, and I've done nothing but watch video reviews since.

I have a fixed mount 9mm can and have been wanting to do another SBR. Damn. Now I have to have one.

Where is the best place going to pick one up? Gunbroker? Atlantic?
View Quote
Check my link above. $393.00 just a few days ago.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Check my link above. $393.00 just a few days ago.
View Quote
My wife is going to hate you, but...
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#14]
My Primary Arms micro dot arrived and I got it sighted in and now I Really like this thing.
I can't wait to see what Tromix comes up with for a new hand guard.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I had to order a ultra-thin metric wrench set from Amazon in order to remove the sling adapter with a 10mm wrench. Cake, with the right tool. Unfortunately, the Shockwave rear stock adapter usmachinegun.com  doesn't work with the stock grip, which doesn't lie flat against the bottom of the PAK9.  The grip could probably be dremeled, but I decided to just order a new grip which should work.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#16]
My son has one with the beretta magazine.  It is big dumb and heavy for a 9mm pistol.

That said it is fun to shoot and runs well. I have never shot one with the glock adaptor.

This thing is begging for a tax stamp and a side folding stock.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#17]

The Magpul AK grip worked fine. That's a Glock mag inserted, which I haven't tested yet (The Beretta mags work great).

Range trip next week.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Pics of internals, particularly w/ the mag block removed?  Does a standard AK mag still rock in?
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/yTTv5j4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XtI7yM9.jpg

The Magpul AK grip worked fine. That's a Glock mag inserted, which I haven't tested yet (The Beretta mags work great).

Range trip next week.
View Quote
Hmm. when do my pics become visible?
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hmm. when do my pics become visible?
View Quote
I don't remember at what post count, but we can see them.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't remember at what post count, but we can see them.
View Quote
Thanks for the verification.  I thought the magic number was 50, but I guess not...
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I swapped the hand stop with the one from my Cz Scorpion Evo, much nicer I think.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#23]
That does look good...
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#24]
New member to the sight. I have been reading the forum for years, though. Pretty much just joined because of this gun and forum topic. I have had a PAK9 for almost a year now. I have the Beretta mag adapter and plan on getting the Glock adapter soon. Have put about 300 rounds through it with the only hiccups being due to the promag 30 mag. Last round doesn't feed from that mag, but the same problem happens in my Ruger P95 when I use the promag in it. On the original 10 round mags, I drilled out the dimples and filed forms the edges. They now hold 16 rounds and feed flawlessly. It is my dedicated truck gun. I have 4 small mags ranging from 14-16 rounds plus the 30 round promag. I through together a 2 point sling consisting of part of an old leather AK sling and a cut off seat from a Vietnam era set of Army suspenders. The biggest draw back from this gun is the weight of it. I'll try to get around to posting a pic of it soon. I really can't wait to see what this guy and his shop have coming out for it. (Sorry, can't remember the guys name and can't look while typing this.)
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Welcome!  I ordered the Glock adapter directly from Chiappa, it took about a month.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 11:27:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like they developed the Colt mag adapter:

Attachment Attached File

Snagged from the You Laugh, You Lose thread hence the memeing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I already made a separate mag well for mine, so I can use curved steel magazines.  I'm working on new hand guards and a folding metal triangular stock setup now.  I'll show some pics when I have it all done.

Tony
View Quote
Maybe a bullpup hand guard would be cool? Not sure how you could remedy the trigger mechanism on that. Or maybe even a hand guard that has the grip over the mag, like an Uzi? Just some thoughts. Man, I wish I had the tools to go along with my imagination. Lol.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#28]
It's a real pity that they didn't factory thread the barrel.  It's been done, here's a youtube example by Max Headspace, but this is beyond my skills.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416647/172BB178-4993-4197-9F02-255B7CB829A7-375616.JPG

View Quote
That was a Definitive Arms AKX-9.  See the factory versions using the Atlantic link below.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/firearms-blog/entry/akx-9-9mm-ak-rifles-and-pistols-now-available.html
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416647/172BB178-4993-4197-9F02-255B7CB829A7-375616.JPG

View Quote
I want to hate this thing so bad, but I find myself really wanting one
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:I want to hate this thing so bad, but I find myself really wanting one
View Quote
It's a lot of fun to shoot.  Great truck gun, better than my sub2000, IMO.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I swapped the hand stop with the one from my Cz Scorpion Evo, much nicer I think.
https://i.imgur.com/zZJzoob.jpg
View Quote
I went shopping for this stop, out-of-stock of course.

edit: Ha! Found it on ebay :)
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Tony,

Forgive my ignorance, but I see the different style stock/brace adaptors for the PAK9 on the tromix website, but I cannot see any option to order? Are they not abailable yet, or is there a different place to order??

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#34]
this thing is literally the coolest 9mm "pistol" out there.  uses real common mags, (glock, cz if you cut new catch hole, and berettas which are cheap mil surp) affordable (comparable to keltec and doesnt look like shit)  its an ak in 9mm which everyone has been creaming their pants over for like 30 years....  i just dont know why they get hate.... sure they not super sexy llooking outta box and that pic rail on gas block is major derp but they still bad ass underneath.... all tjhat crap can be stripped off and made kewl, just takes some imaaaaaagiiiiiinaaaation!

stoked for tonys handguard and mag mod... maybe you could offer barrels that were threaded and tit bit longer to facilitate more eye pleasing of a ratio of barrel-receiver length?

i talked to class 3 machihning and he said he has one in shop right now, took off front sight block and is milling that more perpendicular to barrel so it can be used as the silencer stop/shoulder.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#35]
I have one version set up with a longer barrel and a threaded muzzle.  It installs like an UZI barrel so you can quickly change it out.

Tony
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 3:18:42 AM EDT
[#36]
So, does anyone have a Beretta mag adapter that they took off of their Pak 9 that they wouldn't mind getting rid of? I have an idea for it...
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#37]

this is my vision

i like a qd barrel option....

or a russian fixed tube stock

Link Posted: 12/26/2017 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Tony,

Forgive my ignorance, but I see the different style stock/brace adaptors for the PAK9 on the tromix website, but I cannot see any option to order? Are they not abailable yet, or is there a different place to order??

Thanks!
View Quote
you callem up thats what i did for a 450 bm demo barrel
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tony,

Thanks!
Thank you. Glad someone saw my question.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Had a chance to do a little work on the handguard.

Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:07:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/dPXxUw2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VsNyONh.jpg?1
View Quote
Nice.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
awesome mods! So did you weld the new mag adapter onto the receiver, or are you still able to change it if you wanted/needed to?
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
awesome mods! So did you weld the new mag adapter onto the receiver, or are you still able to change it if you wanted/needed to?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The adapter just snaps in like an AK mag
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#44]
So it's a magwell adaptor adaptor? See what I did there.

I like it, nice work!
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#45]
My son bought one.

Big

Heavy

Stupid

No real reason for this gun.

It is a hoot to shoot though. His has the beretta magazine adapter. It is basically a 7.62x39 AK pistol rebarreled in 9mm and an adapter in the mag well.

It is fun to shoot and seems reliable.

I wouldn’t try to CCW this thing though.

I told him to get a stamp and when approved a stock.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:28:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Question: I kept seeing references to CZ-75 mags from back when it was first released......did they ditch it or does the Beretta magwell allow for both? Also, how hard are these to get threaded?

I'm tempted to snag one up considering how much its gonna take to finish my damn sten build
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 2:19:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Getting ready to thread the barrel

Link Posted: 1/19/2018 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Looking forward to seeing the results.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Looking forward to seeing the results.
View Quote
Me too.  It looks like this weapon is in the hands of a skilled craftsman.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top