Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/10/2016 10:56:24 AM EDT
Could someone post a pic of a Shockwave brace used with both the Stormwerks side folder and tube adaptors in the folded position as it lays along the receiver on a Draco?

I went through the pic section and while I saw a ton of extended brace pics I only saw one with it folded and could not tell it's relationship to the side of the receiver.

Thanks.

BTW.....I already have a Stormwerks side folder adaptor so I just need the tube adaptor to bolt to it. I know I will have to D&T the rear trunnion for the sidefolder adaptor.

Oh yeah, on the Draco does it have the 6 degree angle like the Yugo or is it more flat?

I picked-up the Draco today but it comes with that hideous CAI brace.

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope this helps:

The adapter is an ACE one, but same difference.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that is exactly what I needed to see.

BTW.....You can line-up your detent holes for your brace buy either using a castle nut or just cutting the tube to fit the tube adaptor. There is about a inch or so of threaded tube you really don't need.

When I fit my tube to the adaptor I'm cutting away the excess threads, blue Loctite-ing it in, and then pinning it in place.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

BTW.....You can line-up your detent holes for your brace buy either using a castle nut or just cutting the tube to fit the tube adaptor. There is about a inch or so of threaded tube you really don't need.

When I fit my tube to the adaptor I'm cutting away the excess threads, blue Loctite-ing it in, and then pinning it in place.
View Quote

No prob.

I may fix the tube but it might not be worth the hassle of removing the locktite.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No prob.

I may fix the tube but it might not be worth the hassle of removing the locktite.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No prob.

Your weapon and all that but when you secure the brace into one of the detents believe me, it won't move. After all we are talking 7.62X39 recoil and not 5.56.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Your weapon and all that but when you secure the brace into one of the detents believe me, it won't move. After all we are talking 7.62X39 recoil and not 5.56.

View Quote

Ha. I done made my own detent.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:13:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I hope this helps too... for the record this is a Mini Draco, which I preferred over the Draco due to better balance and subjectively the way it looks The Stormwerkz adaptor is solid, and it looks close to parallel to the lines of the receiver.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I hope this helps too... for the record this is a Mini Draco, which I preferred over the Draco due to better balance and subjectively the way it looks The Stormwerkz adaptor is solid, and it looks close to parallel to the lines of the receiver.

View Quote

Good thinking using more of a AR tube adaptor so you can use the single-point plate.

I went in a bit different direction as my sling is just a simple two-point, two hook affair I made from a G-3 sling. All I needed was a stud that was out of the way on the blade. I used a old Parker-Hale stud.....Works fine.

While I was about it I drilled a depression in the blade so when it's folded it goes over the rear-most rivet head of the rear trunnion. That way it lays as close to the stock as it can possibly get but contacts nothing but the rivet head.

Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:54:02 AM EDT
[#8]
For mounting the ACE folder did you drill and tap your trunion, any supporting bracket that goes inside to hold it on? I got a m85npap i want to do the same folding arm brace. Its a toss up between the ACE and CNC warrior kits. Nice looking guns all BTW.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good thinking using more of a AR tube adaptor so you can use the single-point plate.

I went in a bit different direction as my sling is just a simple two-point, two hook affair I made from a G-3 sling. All I needed was a stud that was out of the way on the blade. I used a old Parker-Hale stud.....Works fine.

While I was about it I drilled a depression in the blade so when it's folded it goes over the rear-most rivet head of the rear trunnion. That way it lays as close to the stock as it can possibly get but contacts nothing but the rivet head.

https://s26.postimg.org/ex0s0nj21/DSCN5592_2.jpg

https://s26.postimg.org/s2ga6rcxl/DSCN5593_2.jpg

https://s26.postimg.org/dxah4y3w9/DSCN5596_2.jpg
View Quote
That looks great. So that's a Stormwerkz adapter?  Just got a Draco like that one, and want to add a folding brace just like that. Just trying to figure out what all I need to get. How did you pin it, if you don't mind me asking? Is it as simple as drilling the hole and tapping the pin in?

ETA: Looking at the one Islandson posted, I think I may go with that type. Looks like it comes all as one piece from Stormwerkz instead of having to buy a couple of items to piece together.  I've been trying to figure out if the Stormwerkz would be the best adapter, or one from somewhere else. I like the looks of it. 
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/darkenedsun827/20160927_203434_zpshke0kl7w.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/darkenedsun827/20160927_203332_zpshbmhrghh.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/darkenedsun827/20160927_202930_zps1rprg1wr.jpg
View Quote

@islandson87

You custom make that Magpul fore grip?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Got mine finished with the Stormwerkz folding adapter.  Threw in a couple of other ones for a size comparison.

Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top