BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 3/12/2010 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I asked her this point-blank, but she honestly couldn't say. The problem is when they call to confirm the orders, they'll have some people who canceled, for all the various reasons: They don't have the money, couldn't wait, bought it somewhere else already, decided they didn't want a Draco anymore etc.
Link Posted: 3/12/2010 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope I made the cut I sent them a money order I hope that helps ordered Feb 10th ill let you know if I hear anything but nothing yet .
Link Posted: 3/12/2010 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got shipped.

My phone just got the text from my Credit Card. Centerfire just billed me less than a minute ago.

I ordered on Feb. 4th in the afternoon if that helps anyone guesstimate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2010 5:04:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oliverb] [#4]
AJ,
Great news! Nothing about my order and my card doesn't show any activity as of 5 pm but they must be behind since I made another purchase this morning and that doesn"t show either. Did you get a call or e-mail from Centerfire?

Edit: Just called Centerfire. My order processed today and will be shipped on Monday!! I have all the goodies ready to install when it comes.
Link Posted: 3/12/2010 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#5]
My order processed today, too.

t...
Link Posted: 3/12/2010 10:17:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bandit68] [#6]
I got mine Today , from Classic Arms, ordered it on Monday, got it on Friday, and it looks great  
Link Posted: 3/13/2010 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Ordered mine from Classic on Monday 3/8/10 and picked it up at my local gun dealer on Friday 3/12/10. It is absolutely perfect with 2 steel magazines , cleaning kit , owners manual , a yellow plastic chamber flag and the gun dealer provided a silly little cable lock. No scratches , no dings , and no canted anything.
Link Posted: 3/13/2010 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad to hear the positive reports....
Link Posted: 3/15/2010 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Got an e-mail notice late this afternoon from UPS Quantum View on the shipment of my Draco from Centerfire. The pistol is to arrive at my FFL Dealer on Wed. Can't wait! I had followed posts on the Draco for a couple of months before deciding to order one in late January. Let the fun begin. Fortunately, my son has 14 acres with ideal terrain for a range that we will be building this Spring.
Link Posted: 3/15/2010 11:30:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I as well just received shipping notice on my Draco ordered 2/13.
Sweet!
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Classic Arms is out of stock again, Gus said they should have some more in a Month to Six weeks

And Centerfire's Web sight says out of stock as well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Bandit68:
Classic Arms is out of stock again, Gus said they should have some more in a Month to Six weeks

I spoke with Gus for about 45min yesterday about a few things since I am trying to get him on as an Industry Partner to further his business and during this conversation he told me they sold out. These pistols sure sell fast at every vendor.
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Ya snooze ya lose I always say. Unless I am the snoozer. Then I say Son of a B#^&*%
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#14]
J&G has em back in stock as of today......
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ThePsychologist:
Ya snooze ya lose I always say.

You got that right, I cannot believe how fast these things are selling. Almost all the vendors are out of stock
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#16]
The guy I talked with at Centerfire said he was glad to see them move so fast because he believes they will be outlawed. Who knows.
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I picked up mine yesterday from my 01 FFL buddy. The Ellet Brothers Distributors has them back in stock.
Link Posted: 4/1/2010 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Narsil:
I picked up mine yesterday from my 01 FFL buddy. The Ellet Brothers Distributors has them back in stock.

Ellett has been out for at least a week. I talk to them daily and have made sure they new we wanted quite a few IF they come back in stock.
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone know if Century Arms shipped out any Draco's ?
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By masterlou:
Does anyone know if Century Arms shipped out any Draco's ?

I check daily with suppliers and Century direct, that have nothing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I talked to Classic today, and they said they were getting some (100) late this week, or early next week.

Link Posted: 4/13/2010 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Good to hear that, just might have to pick up another one when they arrive.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By haLfLiFe:

I have two more pre-ordered from them
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 11:52:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Very nice, they are addicting aren't they.....
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Yes they are, every time I show mine to someone, they want me to order one for them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Yes they are, every time I show mine to someone, they want me to order one for them.

I hear you on that, most folks I show mine too love em.

BTW, J&G has them back in stock as of today......
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 6:26:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kennedyusmc] [#27]
Regular and LIMITED RUN HARD CHROMED Draco's in stock at CLASSIC ARMS.
Jan rules.  Thanks Gus.

My order is in!

Link Posted: 4/22/2010 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Century is shipping us 5 Draco pistols. My other suppliers still have us on backorder.
Link Posted: 4/22/2010 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Century called our shop yesterday and offered us 5 Dracos. When I asked "that's all?", he told me they weren't able to produce them fast enough. I'm assuming it was a selling tactic, but the rep said that they are having problems with the source and can't produce as many as they had originally thought. But like I said, it's probably just sales rep BS.
Link Posted: 4/22/2010 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Just ordered the hard chrome pimped out Draco from Classic Arms.  Thanks for posting it.  Now the dreaded waiting game begins.

Link Posted: 4/22/2010 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SovietShooter:
Century called our shop yesterday and offered us 5 Dracos. When I asked "that's all?", he told me they weren't able to produce them fast enough. I'm assuming it was a selling tactic, but the rep said that they are having problems with the source and can't produce as many as they had originally thought. But like I said, it's probably just sales rep BS.

We probably have the same rep.
Link Posted: 4/22/2010 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Just got the latest two that I ordered from Classic, and they look great, just a heads up though, they don't have Tapco triggers in them, and there is some new engraving on the bottom, in front of the mag well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2010 12:24:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Narsil] [#33]

Just got the latest two that I ordered from Classic, and they look great, just a heads up though, they don't have Tapco triggers in them, and there is some new engraving on the bottom, in front of the mag well.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d197/Narsil007/forgottopostpicsofyourweapon.jpg
Sorry, I've been waiting to use that one.

I would like to see pics, though, and your impression of the non-Tapco trigger verses the Tapco in your other Draco.

Link Posted: 4/23/2010 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Bandit68:
Curious! What engraving on the bottom? Can you tell us any more about the rigger group? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2010 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By oliverb:
Bandit68:
Curious! What engraving on the bottom? Can you tell us any more about the rigger group? Thanks.

I am thinking the new engraving he is speaking of is going to be the import mark.
Link Posted: 4/23/2010 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Bandit68:

I am thinking the new engraving he is speaking of is going to be the import mark.

Yes, it is a second import mark, the one on the side of the receiver is still there, they just added another one on the bottom.
The trigger is a Romanian trigger, I guess, no marking on it, or the hammer.
Here is the old mark

And here is the new one ( Second one ), Sorry about the pic quality

And a Group Shot

Link Posted: 4/23/2010 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for the pics and clarification! If the FCG is Romanian, wonder why they went back to that instead of installing the G2 group?
Link Posted: 4/23/2010 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for the pics and clarification! If the FCG is Romanian, wonder why they went back to that instead of installing the G2 group?

FCG is US Made, just not a Tapco.  Disappointing that is the case, but I'm sure it's fine.

Link Posted: 4/23/2010 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#39]
That sucks it's not a G2, I wonder what manf. they are using....
Link Posted: 4/23/2010 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#40]
That sucks it's not a G2, I wonder what manf. they are using....

I don't know, but there are no markings on them at all ( I thought all US made FCG's were marked US ), and they look like the romy FCG that was in my G kit's.
They are rough machined, single hook, and look like romy made FCG, but I could be wrong, It wouldn't be the first time.

Link Posted: 4/24/2010 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Speaking of FCG's my friends WASR he just picked up has a U.S. made trigger in it and there were no marking to indicate the manf.
Link Posted: 4/24/2010 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah, I consider the G2 a bonus/dollar saver when purchasing a Draco!
Link Posted: 4/24/2010 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Look like centerfiresystems has draco back in stock.
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Does the hard chrome Draco from Classic Arms have the lower hand guard retainer with the sling mount ?
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By masterlou:
Does the hard chrome Draco from Classic Arms have the lower hand guard retainer with the sling mount ?

I am sure it does, cannot think of any reason why it wouldn't.
Link Posted: 4/30/2010 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Which online vendors know their product and can spot undesirable issues like: canted sights, rust, missing pins, and warped recievers? I need someone who will hold my order until they recieve the next shipment instead of shipping me a weapon I will send back. Someone with good lighting at their shop and good eyesight. I am close to ordering 2 Dracos, but I am scared that I will be sent weapons with issues.... loooong story and I don't care to discuss it as it is still ongoing since January.... I'm still in 'give them a chance to make it right' mode

Any suggestions? Thank you
Link Posted: 5/1/2010 10:47:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: haLfLiFe] [#47]
IMHO it is going to be a crap shoot because most vendors do not look at these ahead of time because they are not being sold as surplus. Having that said they are just picking the pistol out of their inventory and shipping it to you. No matter the vendor if they said they were going to look it over before shipping it I would not believe them. But on the flip side this is where you ride it out if you do get a bad one, have them send you a call tag to to ship it back and they can start the process over again until they get it right. Remember check the thing over at your FFL before doing any background checks etc. I would not walk out of the FFL with it if it were not perfect, if it has issues deny it at your FFL and have the dealer deal with your FFL directly on the return/replacement.

I bought 2 Dracos from Classicarms and they are both perfect, but your transaction may vary. If you don't want to go through classic I would say the next best bet would be Centerfire/J&G.
Link Posted: 5/1/2010 8:29:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: evlblkwpnz] [#48]
I think I will call all three and discuss the matter with them. I will let them know that the weapons will be sent back if they have any issues and go with my gut. I just want a couple nice Dracos. My only alternative to online ordering would be to find some that I can see first hand.... like at a gun show .... damn carnies

One of the main reasons I am so adamant about straight sights is that I want to bullpup SBR one of them. If the sights are out of whack, the sight extensions will be way off. I may want to do the same thing with the second one if I like the first bullpup, so it needs to have straight sights too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Atlantic Firearms - In Stock 5/11

I ordered mine last night
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By acrooks:
Atlantic Firearms - In Stock 5/11

I ordered mine last night

Glad to hear ya joined the club. As far as I know they have had em in stock since 2/2/10.
Page / 13
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top