Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2016 12:41:16 AM EDT
Anyone else have experience shooting this stuff out of their rpk, My experience was not good. Blew my fining pin out of my bolt and every round the primer had blown out. I did chronograph the first few rounds and i was getting over 2100fps out of them but now my gun needs parts to shoot again.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't seen that ammo in years so have never tried it in the RPK.

Interesting results though. I would like to hear more.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Well after tearing into it i see the firing pin hole is significantly larger than my chinese ak and also my brothers wasr. I had bought the thing off gunbroker and after it came it was missing the firing pin. Same thing likely happened to the previous owner.  i took the firing pin that it puked out and put it back in the bolt and i see that it definitely pokes up too, far something i should have checked but i didnt when installing it. It was doing just fine with the 123grains i was running though it but i didnt get half way through the drum before the failure with the 154s. I will try a new firing pin making sure to check how far it protrudes and filing accordingly before i go through the headache of trying to find a bolt that will headspace correctly. But i think ultimately thats the route im going to have to go.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
So the bolt was the problem. The hole for the firing pin was too large and the taper in the bolt for the firing pin was to deep. Not sure how this would happen, maybe corosive ammo in the bolts past?  Replaced the bolt and all is well now. Yet another century gun that needed work to be reliable, safe.  Though it was not a quick and easy fix.  Im pretty happy with it now.
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top