Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/11/2016 4:05:41 PM EDT
I am looking for the RDP flash hider that looks like the one on the m60 mg, these were around a few years ago but i cant find them as I only need one, any help would be great :)
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
No Dak Spud has them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#2]
the trobuk ones? are they the same pitch thread ?
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Same as the AK and PSL.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#4]
They are not the same pitch thread I just checked  my barrel is an original military barrel
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
What pitch is the RPD?

It fits my PSL and AK's just fine.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I dont know the pitch, I took my flash hiders on a imported AK's and  they are to small ( 14x1LH), plus my RPD thread on clockwise not counter clockwise
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#7]
RPD's should be M16x1 RH.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe the RPD shortys are a different thread pitch of 9/16x24 LEFT HAND. For those with the carbine.
I want to get a FAL gemtech flash hider to mount the can, but then the can would hit the front sight post. Issues....
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#9]
The only place I found one was at Project Guns. Make sure you know you thread pattern!! Mine is a Polish short barrel threaded M16X1 RH.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Man, you'd think someone would have jumped all over the accessory market for this!

Does anyone know if someone makes a thread adapter?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man, you'd think someone would have jumped all over the accessory market for this!
View Quote
I wish you were right. As of now I don't think there are too many rpds out there at least in the US.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does anyone know if someone makes a thread adapter?
View Quote
there was a shop out west that made a run of thread adapters several years ago to adapt 5/8x24 suppressors to the m16x1 original thread. They were great but I think they only did one batch and decided not enough people were interested.

the "accessory market" for the rpd isn't that great. Every one complains about the lack of parts but back when they were available  no-one wanted to buy them at the prices they were and they just sat on the shelf.  I'm guessing on the high side there are maybe 5000 built rpds in the us. Most people want them to appear original and aren't interested in modern accessories at a speed that makes sense to tie the money up into. Sink 100k into parts to make back 140k-ish after you putz around with packing and shipping them for the next 12-18 months and deal with idiots. It turns profits into less than minimum wage.  Gun people are great but a lot are old retired guys and they love to call and ask about an item multiple times before they buy it; and spend two hours telling you about what the other company is doing; and spend another hour telling you about their prostate issues, crappy mailman, whine about the cost of shipping, etc etc. I've even had people call and spend half an hour asking about issues with their guns only to finally reveal they were fighting a home-build using someone else's parts.

I think I've still got 40 or 50 rpd m249 nutsack adapters sitting around. Genuinely not worth the effort to deal with the public.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I drilled and tapped a standard bird cage flash hider for my RPD.
It just fits in a standard canvas carry bag. If you go longer it will not fit in a standard canvas drop case if you want to use it.

It's cheaper to buy a tap and mod a 30 caliber brake or hider than trying to find one that you want.
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top