Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/20/2006 11:49:45 AM EDT
I have 2 underfolders kits from dans ammo and found out that in michigan any gun under 30 inches folded has to be registered as a pistol. This sucks! So now im trying to come up with a way to put fixed stocks on them. Also who sells the rivets for the polish kits? All the rivets ive found say there bulgarian. Does iot matter or do I need different ones for a polish as far as length and diameter?

steve
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I am having a fixed stock built from a UF. I bought a new rear trunnion from  K-VAR, from what I understand almost any AK fixed trunion will work. And I bought a stock from Winslow Armory that is real nice.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link for the stock. Im not really sure on the trunnion tho.. Can anyone confirm that any trunnion would work with a polish stock?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]
P-452

Polish barrel trunnion for 1.0 mm receiver. Comes with set of 6 rivets. For 23 mm barrel. New Production. Uses Armory B-715 barrel pin.
$49.99

Global Trades/Armory USA

Oops you said rear,give them a call they have everything. 713-944-3351
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
P-452

Polish barrel trunnion for 1.0 mm receiver. Comes with set of 6 rivets. For 23 mm barrel. New Production. Uses Armory B-715 barrel pin.
$49.99

Global Trades/Armory USA

Oops you said rear,give them a call they have everything. 713-944-3351

That's for a front trunnion.  He needs a rear trunnion which will be a lot less money.  Almost any fixed stock rear trunnion should work.... Polish, Bulgy, Romanian etc.  It'll probably cost around $20, maybe less.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm doing the same thing.  In my experence the only difference in rear stock tangs is in country of origian.  The Bulgarian and later Romanian are open in the front, use 2 short rivets and 1 long to install instead of 2 long.  Rivet spacing from front to rear is different also, only really matters if you intend to install a scope rail.  Either way the rear stock will fit no problem.  The rear tang from my Polish Tantal looked like a Rommy part after I removed the side folder from it.  I'm going to build the Tantal fixed stock also.  [Damn Michigan SBR laws.]
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top