Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Polish
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:56:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/23/2005 4:17:54 AM EDT by Instante]
Hello all and Merry Christmas!

I am currently working on my Polish underfolder kit. I have a few question in regard to the rear trunion and the use of 4mm e-clips.

#1) I think I am supposed to use a long rivet in the rearest top rivet hole. Am I suppose to drill out the old rivet the whole way across?

#2) Do I need 4mm e-clips? or a retaining wire? If I use the e-clips.....do I need 3 of them? Can I use the Red Star arms AK Retaing plate found here: http://www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=AK0680&back=yes&dept=40&last=40

Thank you for all of your input in advance. I appreciate it.

Edited to change from "40mm" to "4mm"
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:49:58 AM EDT
Drill the long one all the way out . 2 e-clips not 40mm more like 4mm . I got some at ace hardware. Retainer plate will not work on all receivers , and cost about $12. Eclips about 50 cents.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:20:06 AM EDT
Ok so for the rear trunion of the UNDERFOLDER kits, I have to drill the old rivet out, but I drill the whole way across right?

The 4mm e-clips, I use 2 of them but can you please tell me where? 1 for the trigger and 1 for the hammer? what about the center support?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:07:54 AM EDT
Yes drill the rivet most of the way. I use apunch then to push it the rest of the way. I use a drill press , never had a problem. Some have a problem with bit breaking. E- clips take the place of the retainer spring. Only needed on the hammer and trigger pin.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:20:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Instante:
Ok so for the rear trunion of the UNDERFOLDER kits, I have to drill the old rivet out, but I drill the whole way across right?

The 4mm e-clips, I use 2 of them but can you please tell me where? 1 for the trigger and 1 for the hammer? what about the center support?

The center support is riveted. If you are building from a flat, there are several sites that go thru the riveting process in detail. If you are building from a 100% receiver, the center support comes already riveted.

I prefer the shephards hook to the e-clips - the e-clips work fine but are a MAJOR pain to get back out later.
Page AK-47 » Polish
Top Top