Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/25/2017 11:31:12 PM EDT
Hello everyone, I have a custom built polish underfolder. I had a knowledgeable AK47 collector help me hand select a kit at Knob Creek several years ago. This was when the kits still came with original barrels. I had the kit built by Red Jacket (before their show or the revelation that the owner was a pervert). It is built on a Nodak Spud receiver and has a tapco G2 trigger group. I have a saw type pistol grip but other than that it has the original wood forearm and a US made slant style muzzle break.

This is my only AK and I don't know much about them but recently I have been wanting to modernize this one a bit and play with it. I will keep the original furniture so I can restore the configuration but for now I would like to replace the lower forearm with a comfortable synthetic lower (not a railed forearm) and use a good gas tube scope mount for a red dot. Could you guys please advise me on some good forearm options that will still allow me to fully close the stock and scope mount options that are both sturdy and hold zero. I would also be interested in recommendations on flash hiders or muzzle breaks.

I like the looks of this forearm at RTG but I am not sure if it would work with the underfolder stock:

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/BERYL-HANDGUARD-VARIANT-A-USED-344p1609.htm

Thanks in advance for your help,
TG308
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:37:22 AM EDT
[#1]
The forearm will work with standard akm/ ak74 rifles
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top