Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2017 11:40:45 PM EDT
I realize im probably on the wrong forum. But this rifle I just picked up takes modified ak magazines. Appears to be chambered in 7.62x39 I have been an owner of ak type rifles since 1985... Studied military arms since the mid 70s This one threw me for a loop. I am a gunsmith, seen and owned a few she m52 rifles and vz2008 types, and this is more of a stock and shortened barrel modification. Semi auto only. The housing is steel, sidefolder is east German, grip looks to be Russian. Definitely not some garage conversion I originally thought it's a Hollywood gun...Any ideas thoughts opinions are welcome. It is not threaded for blanks. I am not sure about firing it?

Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks very well done, who ever did it.  Maybe some kind of commercial conversion, kind of like the old Santa Fe Arms or Golden State Arms and Enfields?

Where did you get it?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:40:11 AM EDT
[#2]
that thing looks awesome, gives me an idea for a build lol!

where;d ya gget it?  any other markings on it at all?  or maybe info from seller?  
thanks for sharing really neat
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 6:06:10 AM EDT
[#3]
An older friend he's a Green Beret and Nam Vet. He got it at a local gun show here in Tallahassee. Maybe a bringback from one of his vfw compadres? I thought maybe Cuba or Grenada? No import markings. He called it an "aym" its an odd conversion thats all I know about it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An older friend he's a Green Beret and Nam Vet. He got it at a local gun show here in Tallahassee. Maybe a bringback from one of his vfw compadres? I thought maybe Cuba or Grenada? No import markings. He called it an "aym" its an odd conversion thats all I know about it.
View Quote
I am in Tallahassee.... I would have jumped all over that. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#5]
If it doesn't say 52/57 on it'd verify it's not 7.62x45 which is what vz52s were originally chambered in compared to the 7.62x3952/57s.

Otherwise I really don't see anything that says don't shoot, as long as you do you've examined it for obvious damage/issues and know the FCG functions safely.  If they took the time to match serials I'd say it is the work of some shop or gunsmith that made more than one.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top