User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/1/2016 3:12:06 PM EDT
I bet it would be an interesting read :

http://www.amazon.com/Gun-Digest-Shooters-Guide-AKs/dp/1440246416
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
So it will be a year out of date and heavily push Century products like the RAS47 shown on the cover
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd wager a guess that it's going to be filled with praise for everything Century and IO, the two companies that seem to pay the most for positive advertising.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Never mind the cover.  What's inside may surprise you. There no gun reviews in this book.  However, if one talks about AK's in America, Century as the IO, Inc  deserve their mention among others.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never mind the cover.  What's inside may surprise you. There no gun reviews in this book.  However, if one talks about AK's in America, Century as the IO, Inc  deserve their mention among others.
View Quote

I don't disagree with that. However, the only mention that IO deserves is that they put out shit products and screw over their customers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't disagree with that. However, the only mention that IO deserves is that they put out shit products and screw over their customers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The best way to beat these guys are with ole mighty dollar.  Just not buy anything from them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The best way to beat these guys are with ole mighty dollar.  Just not buy anything from them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, agreed. But that's difficult for the uninformed buyer when all they read are gun rags that tout how great they are solely because they purchased a good review. Hence my hesitation with this new publication and what they'll have to say about it. Did you have a hand in the book's production?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I belong to a group of folks that have a saying; "Condemnation prior to investigation". A negative review without even cracking the cover! Good work EB...
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I belong to a group of folks that have a saying; "Condemnation prior to investigation". A negative review without even cracking the cover! Good work EB...
View Quote

Well to be fair I said I was willing to bet on it, not that it did. The group of folks I worked with during my clinical psych rotation had a saying too, which was "Past behavior is a reliable indicator of future behavior." Hence why I wouldn't be surprised.

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top