Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/23/2015 11:56:43 PM EDT
I recently picked up my first AK at a local GS. I don't know much about it. Could someone please tell me if I got a re-finished MAK 91? I have only found pictures of blued ones online. Any insight would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Refinished.
Bluing isnr very durable. I passed on a mak at the pawn that was starting to rust
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
99% with filthyphil on refurbished. But I vaguely remember seeing a milled Chicom rifle with a parked finish way back in the day, mid 90s, at a Gunshow. It was new in box (at least the seller said it was). Either way, if she shoots, she's a winner.

And that Choate furniture -- a little to long for me, but is solid.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the information guys. I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Honestly you're probably better off. I've seen surface rust on a few MAKs.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:00:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you shot it yet?  My mak91 is a dream to shoot, my favorite of my AKs to shoot, even if the stock is distasteful to me.

Link Posted: 1/6/2016 11:53:09 PM EDT
[#6]
That is like a Legend with a butthole stock.  it will be sweet
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top