Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/27/2006 5:25:36 AM EDT
Anyone have an inclination on how the stamped Valmet receivers would have been formed at the factory? I am trying to build a quasi Valmet clone, and cant seem to figure out how the original Valmet "flats" would look before forming (The extra upward angle from the trigger gaurd that gives the valmet its distinctive look). I am going to modify a standard AK flat, but just for idle thought, any ideas on how would it have been done?
Dean
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:33:44 PM EDT
Tagged, because I'm curious also.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:06:48 PM EDT
i was thinking about this also and the closest i could come up with is this. what if the upper rail (ie, outside edge of the flat) was cut at an angle so as when the flat is formed, the upper rails straighten out.

would that even work? gah i duno, its the only thing that's popped into my head lately.

anyone else got any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:11:38 AM EDT
Think of it as being formed like a car fender instead of just folded from a flat piece of metal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:14:56 AM EDT
STG77- I never thought of it that way- but you are probably correct. Man, you guys know everything
Thanks,
Dean
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:57:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 1:58:17 PM EDT by pol_pot_47]
hmm, i dont suppose we could coax the guys at Valmet or Sako to give us some details, could we?

sounds like a bitchin follow up project to a 555th jig build
Top Top