Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 9:47:46 AM EDT
Maybe this was discussed when it first came out but I just got a hold of this - it's a short blurb in Leroy Thompson's Long Guns column - nothing new and he claims they are "the world's best AK47" and I'm not knowledgeable enough to argue with him.  However, he also states in one section that the ".223 M76 will take Galil mags" and this was news to me.  Mr. Thompson has owned two M76s: a .223 and a 7.62x39.  Did he really use Galil mags in his .223?

John
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#1]
NEVER, NEVER use galil mags in a valmet.  They do not feed at the right angle and the bullet can be pushed back in the casing causing high pressures when you pull the trigger.  Not safe.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:27:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Ugh is right, It just shows to go ya that even though I am sure Mr. Thompson is, I am sure,  (maybe) a very knowledgable person on firearms, you gotta ask the experts before you make statements that can cost you a law suit. He is open now, if someone gets a Kaboom from having the bullet pushed into the brass from using a Galil mag he has some court time coming.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the guys in the SWAT mag forum on this site claimed that a PD just ordered 40 Valmets. Where exactly does he think they're going to get them?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#4]
VALMET'S - R - US , where else ? ............Don't believe everything you read in gun rags...I once read that a P.D. was going to issue officers Hipoint carbines in 9mm for their patrol cars...
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top