Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/4/2006 5:49:14 PM EDT
What is the value of a Valmet 78 308 preban? I am looking at one for $1,985.00 is this a fair price? Blue book says 100% 2,450.00 is that right? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember that the mags are $150+ EACH.   Also, spare parts aren't easy to find, and they aren't cheap.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
It only comes with one mag 20rd.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Remember that the mags are $150+ EACH.  

I've seen a couple in the $120 range, and got a 20-round several years back for $60.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:27:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I've found that the "Blue Book" does not do a very good job valuing assault style rifles.  THe prices tend to change a lot depending on market.  My 23rd edition Blue Book shows the same 100% rifle valued at $1,625.  Also, the Blue Book doesn't seem to differentiate between variations within models (e.g., milled receivers versus stamped receivers, etc.)  You'd be better served to visit auction sites to determine what current values are.

I would think an excellent condition milled receiver .308 M78 with one 20 round magazine would go for about $1,700 to $1,900.  The price you indicate is high, but is not out of line... especially if the rifle is like new with original box with no scratches, etc. (i.e., a true 100% rifle).  Be sure the rifle has it's factor bi-pod.  Some owners remove them.  I'd deduct at least $150 if the bipod is missing.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top