Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/3/2006 6:40:54 PM EDT
I'm having a Galil built from a kit and I have two opinion questions I'd like to pose to you guys:

1. I want it shortened to 16" and had planned to have it be 16" TOTAL WITH the flash hider.
Should I go that route or keep the barrel at 16" so I can switch out hiders?
2. If I go with the non-welded flash hider should I have it threaded for US flash hiders or the
original IMI threading width? (I believe that's the proper wording)

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:19:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:31:35 PM EDT
Thanks Templar. That's what I was thinking.

Anyone else agree/disagree???
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:58:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2006 1:09:38 PM EDT by Mg5]
I would'nt go under 16 unless you are totally sure that you have the flash hider that you want. The perminent mounting is a pain to take off if you decide to go another route. Plus the fact that if you go to change it to something else you end up working with a unregistered SBR at some point in the process of changing to a new break. What Receiver are you building on?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:19:03 PM EDT
It's an ORF. Seems to be really well made. I wish I could have gotten an original IMI, but...you know how it goes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:08:56 PM EDT
Have you compared your ORF receiver to the one in the gunplummer review to see if the mentioned issues have been taken care of?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:29:16 PM EDT
No, I didn't get a good chance to look it over to much. I doubt my untrained eye would have notice much difference. I spoke to the guy from ARS a few months ago and he stated that Todd was supposed to have made the changes. Not sure though. I sent mine to AZEX for the build so I'm sure Derek's capable hands will be able to iron out any problems. Let's hope so anyway!
Top Top