Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 12:26:03 PM EDT
I'm thinking about buying a galil that comes with a rear-to-fire left side thumb selector.  Any way to switch that around?

The books I have seem to agree that the real galils have it bakwards but that the American inmports have it correct (forward to fire) thourgh some sort of hinged assembly.

Is this do-able?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The military selector is fastened directly to the selector shaft so when the right side lever moves down to fire it moves the left side lever back. The semi's have an offset linkage that reverses the motion of the left side lever. The semi parts are a drop on, you just need to find them, IIRC, you need right and left selectors, the linkage and the pistol grip mounting stud. Having used both I actually prefer the military style. While it may seem "backwards", because of the relationship of your thumb to the lever it's easier [faster] to move the lever back to fire by flipping your thumb up and back. To move the selector foreward to fire on the semi you have to move your thumb back to position it on the lever and then push it foreward.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top