Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2003 9:25:34 PM EDT
I am having a brain fart.

OK....can someone post a pic or some fairly simple instructions on which pin I need to drive out in the bolt to get the firing pin out of my Galil?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:18:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Templar:
I am having a brain fart.

OK....can someone post a pic or some fairly simple instructions on which pin I need to drive out in the bolt to get the firing pin out of my Galil?

Thanks in advance.

The owners manual says not to do it yourself, let the armorer do it, so curious, I looked at mine.

If I am not mistaken at least one of those pins looks like it's a one time use type. I hope I'm wrong.

I did an extensive Google and library search and came up empty.

So unless you have done it before I wouldn't even try. Too risky with the part situation.

I have been wondering how to remove the washer on top of the pin that holds the folding stock together. It looks impossible to remove without some special tool. Galil's have more than a few few quirks.

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:45:58 AM EDT
I have an R4 armorer's manual on order, when it gets in I'll see what it says.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:28:35 AM EDT
To remove that washer (Same type as on the bipod also) you need one of those C-Clip removeal tools. I bought one at Home Depot. It works fine. Also found new C-clips there that are identical to the ones on the GALIL.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 9:50:07 AM EDT

I have been wondering how to remove the washer on top of the pin that holds the folding stock together. It looks impossible to remove without some special tool.

Excuse me if I'm stating the obvious, but be sure to push the pin up as far as you can when you are removing that e-clip.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:03:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TapperMan:

I have been wondering how to remove the washer on top of the pin that holds the folding stock together. It looks impossible to remove without some special tool.

Excuse me if I'm stating the obvious, but be sure to push the pin up as far as you can when you are removing that e-clip.

Mine must be a weird variation. The e-clip (washer) is in a recess. I can't find any e-clip removal tool small enough to fit in. The pin can't be pushed up either. Once the e-clip is removed the pin will go down.

If the Galil can make Templar feel stupid, how do think it makes me feel at times like this? [:\]
Top Top