Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/2/2003 6:57:42 PM EDT
Was thinking about purchasing some Orlite 35-Rd .223 Galil mags. Are the Orlites any better or worse than the steel mags ? They're definitely cheaper than the steel mags but I  don't want to sacrifice quality for price.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one Orlite and many steel magazines.

I'd rather it be reversed.  I MUCH prefer the Orlite to the steel magazines.  The Orlites for the Galil are better built and designed than the ones for the M16.

Much, much lighter and easier to load.

I'll work on picking up some more new ones.  

I got a bunch of refurbished South African R4 magazines from DSA a while back when a buddy and I went in on 20 of them.  You buy 20 and they sell you the magazines for $19.00 each.

If I could find Orlites for $20.00 each new, I'd buy a bunch.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Good for range use, and they are definetly lighter.

Theres a reason you dont see Orlites in use with the Israelis much anymore, in M16 or Galil variants.  They are prone to cracking.

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:00:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Okay....Took your advice and ordered some 35-Rd Galil Steel Mags. Received it yesterday. The mags look great. They are new, with what seems like a black teflon finish on them. They also have the IMI rollmark on the lower left side of the mag with a "X" underneath it. Did IMI ever made teflon coated Galil mags or was this done afterwards by some third party ?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:13:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Black enamel finished, just like Galil recievers.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top