Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/28/2003 12:30:21 PM EDT
I just finished modifying a FSE double hook hammer,single hook
trigger and sear to be used in my galil arm,.223. The hammer did not
require any modifications. The trigger needed some help. I had to
remove about .040 from the back surface of the trigger so it would
clear the receiver. As it was it would not fit in the receiver. After
removing the material the trigger needed some extra clearance below
the cut to allow it to pivot freely on the receiver pin. After this
was done I needed to drill a .040 diameter hole through the hook on
the trigger so the return spring leg could be inserted. The stock
galil spring has 2 legs for a double hook. I cut one of the legs off
that was not needed with the single hook trigger. I cut the trigger
with a carbide end mill. The hole was drilled with a quality twist
drill. The FSE parts look good. They are hardned but can be cut with
the proper tooling. The trigger pull after assembly was very good.Now
if I can get some range time to test it..... I hope everyone on the
board has a safe July 4th holiday.
Top Top