Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/16/2017 2:12:45 PM EDT
I know I have seen pics and youtube vids with a bayonet lug on some of the Ace models.  Wonder why the ones I see in the wild, including the one I bought, have no lug?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:36:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone know if there is an add on lug?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]
the model that had the bayo lug was one IWI brought in before they sold their civilian models, really it was to generate interest and I'm sure to let reviewers handle

I'm guessing the lug was not kept due to having it imported from Israel

Nothing yet regarding those lugs, hopefully we see them in the near future, IWI has done a crap job of supplying accessories for these
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:07:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree on accessories.  A sling and some other useless stuff.  

Otherwise I really like this thing.  Bolt hold open is a nice touch.  And so far better than battle accurate and reliable even with some old crappy steel case 5.56.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:06:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Some of the 7.62x51 models had a separate bayonet lug. The barrel was long enough before the gas block that it was necessary if it was to be located in the correct place to be functional. I do not know if Apex still carries them... but they did at one time.

A surplus lug is not going to look good on a new rifle.

I would not want to do bayonet drill with a folding collapsible stock. Far too many opportunities to get a finger pinched.

Now if you had a planet of the apes hadar stock...

DB
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top