Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/27/2017 4:31:19 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the Galil Ace in .308?

If so how do you feel about the quality/reliability? Any negatives?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Wrong part of the forum.  That's in Armory.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with the Galil Ace in .308?

If so how do you feel about the quality/reliability? Any negatives?
View Quote

I would have children with it if I/it/we could... No Joke.

Plus'es
Pmags/ Tritium sights, AK reliability, and 1 moa to sub-moa accuracy. Excellent! recoil for a 762

Bitching-
Trigger sucks and on the 1651 (308) you can not use the ALG triggers. No forward sling point unless you use the rail the rear sling point is HK style, I use magpul, No QD's. Rail guards are thick. You can't swap out pistol grips.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I like mine enough. But there are things I really don't like. The trigger slaps your finger. The fact that it uses SR-25 magazines and does not have a BHO annoys me greatly, because it means that occasionally the bolt will slam into the follower which puts wear on both the bolt and follower (less on the bolt, but more on the follower). They either should have included a BHO, or had it use the original magazines and start up production (the BHO being the cheaper option). The stock is meh, really don't like that you have to use an extra piece just to use optics.

That aside, it definitely runs. It is overgassed, but it runs. A folding stock is also nice.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:No forward sling point unless you use the rail the rear sling point is HK style.
View Quote
The front sight also acts as a sling point for HK style slings. Not something I'd do, but that's an option.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top