Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2017 10:32:36 AM EDT
A galil is one of my grail guns but I can't pay galil pricing. Found this golani at a small town pawn shop. I got him down to $775 Cash but wanted to run it by the forum before I bought it.

Comes with Case and two mags. Unknown capacity of mags

He said it was new but Had some random rust spots. I also saw what I thought was paint on he charging handle. Finally it seemed the front sight post was very low. Just screwed way down maybe?

What do you think?

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Rumor was you could tell the bad ones by the serial number.  I'm sure someone around here remembers.   I have a GLN prefix that runs great and groups great, for iron sights.  I think it may be scope-worthy, but that will have to wait.  I had to order a new set of tritiums from a guy.  It loves the metal mags, but the Orlites are too tight.  I got mine when Bush was still in office, so I didn't pay that much.  Check with J&G Sales and CDNN and Gunbroker to see current market value.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#3]
If I remember correctly, look for an "X" stamped on the lower receiver/trigger guard. These were the refurbed/improved Golani Sporters from Century. I'd save up for the soon to be released IWI galil in 5.56.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Save your money and buy one of the new ones for $1600.  its 4 times the gun if not more...

Not only do you have to worry about the Century monkey building the rifle, the donor guns for those part kits came from South American and were worn out to begin with.  I've had two.  One was a total POS, the other was okay but not great.  There were also soft receivers with and without dimension issues.   You need to do a lot of research just to get one that is worth fixing.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top