AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/29/2016 4:00:59 AM EDT
What kind of groups are you getting?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
tag, I am thinking of getting one also
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been discussing this quite a bit over at AKFiles, one guy there was getting absolute crap accuracy out of his pistol that went from 5-7 moa out of the box down to 1.75-3 MOA with a mean of 2.25 after about 200 rounds

some rifles and pistols need a break in period

out of the box I was consistently shooting 2-3 moa 5 and 10 round groups at 100 yards with irons and astigmatism using Wolf Polyformance 123gr for 3 hours at the range a week or so ago, I guarantee it would have been even better with an optic and Hornady SST or some ammo that is better manufactured

Ammo plays a big factor in accuracy with the ACE, and really any 7.62x39mm

most guys with quality ammo are getting sub 2 moa close to 1 moa, with craptasterific ammo you'll be anywhere from  1.5-3 moa, if you're at 4 moa there's a problem, most likely not the gun

on the facebook IWI Galil ACE owner's page, the .308 version had a sub moa 10 round group at 200 yards
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:01:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice!
I'm going to have to wait for the prices to settle back down from panic-levels.  I do plan on putting a 1-4 on it.
ETA- True about the ammo.  I have one AK that just shines with Golden Tiger.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I have seen some chrome barrels on ARs that are pretty wild in accuracy until they are broken in...
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I can confidently say that with good ammo they are capable of consistent 2.5 MOA groups.

Most claims I have seen of groups within the 1-1.9 MOA range are using Federal Premium 123-gr. Power-Shok (and often the groups are cherry-picked).

Very few people have posted legitimate 10 round groups but again, my rifle holds 2.5 consistently and well with spam-can ammo.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope I just need to get through the "break in period"...

So far my ace pistol shoots watermelon size groups with 122gr wolf laquer steel case fmj at 100 yards.

That's with an ALG trigger and a solidly mounted Trijicon TA-33 acog that produces consistent 1" groups on my SIG MCX... thus far the IWI Ace pistol is literally the worst shooting AK I've ever had the displeasure of shooting.

I'll update when I get past 500 or so rounds.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]
500 rounds down the pipe and it did indeed settle down on group size.  Got a 1" 5 shot group at 100 with 3x acog and 124gr wolf mc hp.

2-3" was more typical, but I was quite impressed with how it shook out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#8]
My rifle is very accurate is geco made ammo. About 2.50 moa at 100 yards
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So far my ace pistol shoots watermelon size groups with 122gr wolf laquer steel case fmj at 100 yards.

That's with an ALG trigger and a solidly mounted Trijicon TA-33 acog that produces consistent 1" groups on my SIG MCX... thus far the IWI Ace pistol is literally the worst shooting AK I've ever had the displeasure of shooting.

View Quote
Does no one break in rifles anymore?  What happened to cleaning and shooting in the barrel with a new weapon for the first 50 rounds?
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does no one break in rifles anymore?  What happened to cleaning and shooting in the barrel with a new weapon for the first 50 rounds?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Following a barrel break-in procedure isn't going to get you any better groups out of a chrome-lined AK-action.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top