Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/23/2006 2:51:20 PM EDT
So I've got a Yugo fixed-stock kit coming in the near future from Ammunitionstore.com and I would like to build this one from an 80% blank, rather than a 100% like I used on my first build.

I've found that Bent-metal and AK-Builder both have Yugo blanks, but the ones from AK-builder are more expensive, plus another $10 for the blueprints. Has anyone used either of these? Any recommendations? Anyone know if there's some place where I can mooch a freebee Yugo receiver template?

Thanks, really lookin forward to this build

oh! and a rivet set! does anyone know where i can get a correct Yugo rivet set?

Thanks again
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:15:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pol_pot_47:
So I've got a Yugo fixed-stock kit coming in the near future from Ammunitionstore.com and I would like to build this one from an 80% blank, rather than a 100% like I used on my first build.

I've found that Bent-metal and AK-Builder both have Yugo blanks, but the ones from AK-builder are more expensive, plus another $10 for the blueprints. Has anyone used either of these? Any recommendations? Anyone know if there's some place where I can mooch a freebee Yugo receiver template?

Thanks, really lookin forward to this build

oh! and a rivet set! does anyone know where i can get a correct Yugo rivet set?

Thanks again

Right now in the EE.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=308008
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:10:07 PM EDT
you know, i just saw those no more than 10 minutes after i posted! somehow i knew they'd be there

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:07:37 PM EDT
I bought my 80% from Cold Steel It was perfect and had the mag dimples already there and the blue prints came with it. With rails I think I paid $62 shipped to me. The 1.6 is really nice but the rails are tough to get perfect alot of cutting and grinding. Well worth it in the end.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:21:13 AM EDT
who sells 100% Yugo recievers for an underfolder?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:42:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Warbirds:
who sells 100% Yugo recievers for an underfolder?

DCI Receiver
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:07:56 PM EDT
Harlan's receivers are to die for. I have a total of 6 of them and each fit precisely.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:56:52 PM EDT
+!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:58:28 PM EDT
Knobcreek, You doing anymore group buys on M70ab2s?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:56:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By beemerman:
Knobcreek, You doing anymore group buys on M70ab2s?

It depends on supply...normally, if I see a vendor at a gunshow, I can bargain the price down if I tell them that I want to purchase all X number of kits.
Top Top