Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/28/2006 6:46:14 PM EDT
I'm considering a Yugo UF build and i wanted to know, if i get the darkbore, is it like minute of barn or minute of beer can? i'm looking for a fun shooter that will hit an 4 inch gong at 100 benchrested, thats it, something entertaining. is it worth it, or should i save for a clean bore kit?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:20:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 7:22:15 PM EDT by KnobCreek1]
I recently did a group buy purchase of 60 Yugo underfolder kits for the folks over at cetmerifles.com. The vast majority of them were rated grade 3 - dark bores, but from a lot of the feedbacks from those that are just beginning to build them up and shoot them, they are cleaning up pretty nicely. After a couple rounds, the barrels are beginning to look much better. And as far as accurracy is concerned, read some of Freefalle's posting in regards to his completed kit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:26:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 7:30:00 PM EDT by FREEFALLE7]
Yep mine is one of the Dark bore group buy kits.

The barrel cleaned up, and as you can see she is plenty accurate.

At first I was thinking what did I waste my money on, but after building it I want to build more

And they are cheap, $258 for the complete build.

KnobCreek1 is the man, for getting us such a good deal.

FREE
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:47:07 PM EDT
any chance of a buy like that going down anytime soon, i saw the cheapo 70 dollar underfolders for about a halfminute on ammunitionstore, but they're gone now, and i don't know about getting the full stock, i dont mind it, hell, i hate M4s for their collapsible stocks (flame on AR fans!) but that dang UF is so cool
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:02:26 PM EDT
actually, the fix stock version of the yugos that I have seen have been very nice kits...much better bore condition as compared to the UF counterpart. I am so tempted to purchase a fixed stock set and use the front end with the rear section of the UF to try and get the best of both worlds. There's another gunshow this weekend and I shall try and keep an eye out on kits for another possible group buy. I finally got the bill for the previous group buy ($6K) and should have enough to pay it off this month. That'll give me some playing room to host a GB.
Top Top