Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 3:19:19 PM EDT
Do the Yugo underfolder kits for 159.00 have the bulge in the front ? I'm looking for one of these kits so I can build on a DCI receiver. Anyone buy one of these kits? If so cuold yuo post pics, and give rating on quality. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I did got lucky it is nice with just a little slight pitting good strong shinny bore mine was only 150.00 I think it is just luck of the draw I bought a fixed stock that was a total peiceof crap it had a bulged bbl and other probs sent it back and went for the underfolder I know some people are not happy but I am

blm
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:56:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Both my Yugo kits were in pretty good shape. Mine were only $139.00. Barrels were decent and one of my kits was missing the trigger guard. Finish was well worn like most other Yugo kits. These were actual arms used in a war.
I built the better kit already and I plan on building the other one soon.
Here are some pics of it so you can see the condition. I built it with a DCI receiver.

I built it with screws, rivets and the controversial drive screws.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Well they both look great. I take it the one on the right is a Polish underfolder? What receiver did you use on that one? Did the DCI come finished like that or did you finsh it?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
You are correct, the one on the right is a Polish PMKMS. I refinished the DCI receiver with engine enamal baked in the oven. They turn out pretty nice but over the long haul, I do not know how it will last. It will be good enough till I have the extra cash to get it professionally done.

The receiver on the Polish one is an Ohio Ordnance. This one was built during the AWB days and OOW were really the only choice for quality receivers at that time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#5]
How was the rifling on the Yugo kit? did it pass the bullet test? How easy was it to build on the DCI receiver, any issues?
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top