Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 6:21:29 AM EDT
I understand that the Yugo mags hold the bolt open after the last round is fired. Does the bolt close when you pull the mag out. If so, what's the point?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I understand that the Yugo mags hold the bolt open after the last round is fired. Does the bolt close when you pull the mag out. If so, what's the point?

The bolt hold open on the yugo mags is to let you know you are out of ammo and not for ease of mag change. And yes the bolt will close when mag is removed unless you hold the bolt handle back. While not a perfect system, it address one of the biggest problems with AK's in knowing when you are out of ammo. In a firefight, the last thing you want to bet your life on is an unknown empty chamber and pulling the trigger to have it only click with no firing of a round.

If you have any Yugo mags that are a dissapointment to you, I will take them off your hands for half price.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#2]
[size=2Some Yugo's come from the Factory with their selsctors notched so it will hold th ebolt back in a mag change.  Yes, it is manual, but at least it's there.  It becomes second nature to use your right thumb to pull the charging handle back as your right fingers ease the selector up and engage the notch.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my Yugo mags. You deffinately know when its empty when you notice the carrier not move back forward.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top