Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/21/2006 3:17:46 AM EDT
The new Century rifles have the Yugo bolt hold open mags but incorrect selector? Can I just notch the selector or better off looking for M92 notched selector and will the M92 work with the M70.
Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes you can notch the selector to manually hold the bolt back.  The factory does do this on M70's too.  Take a look at Zastava Arms web site and pull up the M70 page and the first picture shows th notch and there is one more on that page that shows the notch.  Here's the link:

Zastava Arms web site...M70 page

I just got an extra selector for my M70 and I notched it and it works great!  I could have not notched so far down by maybe 1/16" and it would have looked factory perfect.  Seeing how the factory does this to M70's now, it is not a bastard modification.  Once you do the: with right thumb pull back the charging handle while the right hand fingers bring up the selector and engage the notch, it becomes second nature.  Here are a couple of pixs to show the notch location on the selector and with it installed and engaged.  I used a Dremel tool with the thick fiberglass cut-off wheel to notch it.  Dab some cold blue on her and a little oil for rust protection and you are done.

http://home.comcast.net/~cetme/selector1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~cetme/selector2.jpg

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn, that is a good idea!  i'll have to get Centerfire to throw a spare selector into my parts order...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a great idea! Great for when going cold on the shooting range.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top