Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:38:51 PM EDT
I was thinking about building my first AkKbut found finding the info and learning the how-to daunting.  Maybe I will try when I have more time to research.  

Anyways, I've decided on purchasing a M70AB2 at centerfire.com.  Before I purchase the rifle I wanted to get some feedback from you guys on the specific model.  My knowledge of AK's is limited so I though I would get the opinion of those more experienced.  

I also noticed it only has a five round magazine.  Will I be able to use thirty round amgs also?

If you have other suggestions in the same price range it would be much appreciated.

Centerfire M70AB2

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was thinking about building my first AkKbut found finding the info and learning the how-to daunting.  Maybe I will try when I have more time to research.  

Anyways, I've decided on purchasing a M70AB2 at centerfire.com.  Before I purchase the rifle I wanted to get some feedback from you guys on the specific model.  My knowledge of AK's is limited so I though I would get the opinion of those more experienced.  

I also noticed it only has a five round magazine.  Will I be able to use thirty round amgs also?

If you have other suggestions in the same price range it would be much appreciated.

Centerfire M70AB2

Thanks

Most of us who frequent the board are on the backorder list for February, that answer your question?  Reviews thus far are impeccable for a Century gun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
they are nice got mine today and it is well built nice fit and finish cant wait to get to the range
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The build is not very hard. Buy a kit, DCI reciever, and make some rivet punches.  This was my first build, I was pretty intimidated at first, but once I got started I was shocked at how easy it realy is. I can see my AK collection growing rapidly. By the way my TOTAL cost was $252 with a little digging and begging for rivets. (had another builder nearby that had spares) Good luck either way you decide to go. The DCI reciever is what made my build easy, almost no fitting needed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got mine from Centerfire...but I went through Pam and asked for the complete version at the same price...I got the CAI package that was re-packaged including two 30 round mags.  Came with everything that CAI is selling and cheaper.   She had said they were backordered but I had almost no wait.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]
tag, that underfolder is looking more and more tempting, but I can't seem to mke myself turn to the dark side....
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just got mine from Centerfire...but I went through Pam and asked for the complete version at the same price...I got the CAI package that was re-packaged including two 30 round mags.  Came with everything that CAI is selling and cheaper.   She had said they were backordered but I had almost no wait.

when did you order it?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#8]
wasnt there a topic floating around that if you ordered it online you got the 5 rd mags but if you ordered it on the phone you got 2 30 round mags and the bayonet and sheeth?  

i plan on purchasing 1 very shortly.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
wasnt there a topic floating around that if you ordered it online you got the 5 rd mags but if you ordered it on the phone you got 2 30 round mags and the bayonet and sheeth?  

i plan on purchasing 1 very shortly.  

Yeah U have to call and order from Pam to get the mags. Some deal that only her and Lois can give. (Even though they come from Century Arms with the mags in the box)
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Thats because Centerfire is rippin people off. Plain and simle. If you have to ask to get it the way it comes from the manufacturer and not how they ship it, thats a total rip off.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#12]
What kind of prices are the underfolders going for?Are the C.I.A.s any good? I've heard that Century has there own reciever or is someone making it for them?, and are they from kits. Any info would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#13]
DCI is making the receiver for Century. The same nice receivers that all of us have built our kits on.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:34:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Where can I get a DCI receiver ? Is there replacement wood  for the M70s? Who has the best kits?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Google nodakspud.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:39:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Some deal that only her and Lois can give.

her, lois, and every other company that resells century's items.

centerfire used to be a decent place.  sadly the almighty dollar has turned them very very greedy.  they're notorious for "sponsoring" a board for a few weeks/months, using the women to play coy with the vast lack of y chromosomes on the boards, and ultimately reneging on their seller/vendor dues and leaving after having made a considerable amount of profit off the board's members.

see also:  gunco.net and survivor's sks forums.  I'm sure there's more.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#17]
armedferret,

Of all the people to jump on the bashing bandwagon, I'm surprised to see you here.   I'm also surprised you wouldn't find out the real story for yourself.  

I'm not a decoy for the company I work for.  I am a representative for them and love my job as well as the company I work for.  It was MY decision to leave the board you are referring to.  My decision was a business decision based on sales numbers and true board activity.  Centerfire Systems has always lived up to the agreements we've made on any board we have every been a part of.  One particular board owner seems to have a distorted view of the truth.  I haven't responded to the malarkey because it's not worth my time.  

If YOU have a problem with an order you have placed, then call me directly and I'll make sure to make the situation right.   Otherwise, what's the reason for your post?

Lois
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Are both mags supposed to be Yugo? Mine came with 1 Yugo and 1 regular Ak mag.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#19]
"Are both mags supposed to be Yugo? Mine came with 1 Yugo and 1 regular Ak mag."

Where did you get it from?  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm still waiting on mine... Have they shipped any recently?

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes that is what I was wondering. Local dealer that had just gotten 3 in I was able to pick the one I wanted. Went back the next day and he had sold the rest just after I left.  I have since purchased an 8 pack of Yugo 30 rounders from centerfire. Impacts websight says in stock and ships in 48 hrs. $499.00
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#22]
For those who have fired their M70's, how is the trigger slap?  Will I need to replace the HTS on these inorder to save the nerve endings on my right index finger?

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Heck just build one.

I built this one for $256
Breakdown:
parts kit 97$
receiver $83
FCG $34
Slant break $12
Sling $10
shipping, mag $20

Plus there is nothing like holding and shooting a rifle you built.

FREE
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Nice build!!

Lois
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top