Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/13/2006 11:20:58 AM EDT
Its probably a easy fix, how do you depress the piece that holds the upper handguard/gas tube on the M92 kits? It doesnt move by hand strength so Im guessing its not spring loaded, any special instructions on knocking it out so I dont break or damage anything?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:29:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 3:51:43 AM EDT by tarfu64]
You talking about the little lever on the starboard side of the rear sight, I assume? The one which rotates upward to release the gas tube assy.?

If it is tough to move, and in my experience it sometimes is, get yourself a small dowel or something similar which will be non-marring, place it underneath the small tang on the lever, and hit that bitch with a hammer upward to get 'er to move. Doesn't hurt to lubricate the area with a penetrating oil prior to doing this, and let the lube soak in a bit before you attempt to move the lever. Should rotate right up after that...

ETA-BTW, if this doesn't apply to the M92, which it may not if the rear sight is different, then never mind...I'll just be over here shutting my mouth.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:28:51 PM EDT
Open the dust cover up and take a flat blade screwdriver and tap it with the palm of your hand or lightly with a hammer.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:35:29 PM EDT
Heres what Im dealing with guys...

Top Top