Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/13/2002 4:50:33 PM EDT
It was unfired, all matching, new condition. I shot it for the first time today, it was flawless. They are cheap and well worth it. I paid $209 for mine, mint condition. They are surprisingly accurate and will tear the center out of your bullseye.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 7:03:10 PM EDT
The Yugo SKS's are widely considered the best of the bunch. Only one thing.........they DO NOT have hard chrome lined bores, so care must be taken when firing corrosive ammunition.

I remember when these things were going for over $1K back in the late '90s. Only ones imported were a very small lot from Mitchell Arms, and they were the most rare and highly sought after SKS variant in the US.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:06:34 PM EDT
You can buy them now from Lew Horton in excellent condition for $139. I ordered mine and it was new, unissued, and covered in packing grease. Great buy!
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:40:42 PM EDT
I was shot at by them on 3 occasions. They never seemed to fail. (At least from my perspective)
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 2:06:17 PM EDT
The shooter grade I bought from AIMSurplus a couple of weeks back shoots awesome. I hit that one-day sale they had for $89.95. They still got a bunch of em' for $109
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:24:11 PM EDT
I just picked up one of the unissued Yugo SKS at the gunshow today. One vendor had a pile of them going for $129 or $149. I couldn't tell the difference in condition. The only thing I could see was that the wood was slightly better on the higher priced ones. Not $20 difference to me, so I went with the cheaper one. It's a VERY cool rifle. Now I have to clean out all the cosmoline!

Ross
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:34:10 PM EDT
Those Yugo's come packed in cosmoline don't they???

You might want to try some Simple Green, a citrus based degreaser which is much more "environmentally safe", and more importantly, you can use it in the house and it doesn't eat your skin. Also, it's CHEAP.

Just a heads up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:04:18 PM EDT
Sounds good, I'll give it a shot. I never get into using really harsh chemicals on my guns anyway. It takes alot more elbow grease to get it done, but think of the bonding karma you have with the rifle after that It's safe to say that my favorite rifles are the ones that I've had to clean cosmoline out of. I don't know if that's because it was the work invovled, or just really fun guns come inc cosmoline. Hmmm...

Ross
Top Top