Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2017 10:26:24 PM EDT
I thought I would share my experience with these mags.

Well packaged.
Rock solid.
Priced right.

BUT......The steel plate on the back which is part of the catch, is thick. So thick I cannot insert the mag in the gun. It would probably work with some  grinding. As you can see the thickness of this piece is quite significant. Other than that they are well made.

I have an NPAP.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
These are really good mags...tight fit.  YouTube videos on making the "tight" ones fit better.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you use to repaint the part you grind?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
So I measured the Croatian mag and it is 1/16 of an inch bigger front to back than my Magpul mag. It won't even fit in far enough to come close to the support pin. This is because of the thickness of the plate on the back.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 2:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I had to file mine in a couple of spots. Youtube has a few videos on it. Or you can remove your dust cover and bolt carrier group, Insert mage to see where it is hanging up and file as necessary. I did not have to take off much. They fit very well now and function flawlessly.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
black fingernail polish
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I had to grind on all of my croatian mags in my WASR and atlantic DDR build.

Not a yugo or serb rifle but similar experience
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I had to file all of mine down as well and I won't be buying more since I don't like the way the followers load.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Although I had to modify them to fit my NPAP, they fit perfectly into my SAM7R without any modification at all.

Perfect fit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Are these the mags Palmetto has the cases on special occasionally?
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I touched up mine with gun blue.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Trash can gun specs are all over the place.  May work in some AKs, but not others
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Some of mine needing fitting, but they worked just fine.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought 4 from PSA.  I have a Zpap M70 and while they fit, they do not feed well at all. My theory is the locking tab at the back is too thin and allows the mag to dip down just a hairs length from the weight of the rounds. When the bolt travels, 50% of the time it wont pick up but will malfunction scraping on the top of the cartridges.  If I apply pressure on the bottom pushing upward, they work perfectly.  So maybe good mags but not for what I have.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top