Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/28/2016 8:58:29 PM EDT
I finally have spare change to by an O-Pap and nobody has them anymore. I see a couple on Gunbroker. One guy even has a NIB one with a M76 buttstock he will include for extra but I'ts like $900. Are these ever going to be imported again? It seems like Century just wants to build and sell their own AK's. Probably way more profitable for them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Not going to be imported. Stopped last year some time. Going to have to pay up or look for something else unfortunately.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I finally have spare change to by an O-Pap and nobody has them anymore. I see a couple on Gunbroker. One guy even has a NIB one with a M76 buttstock he will include for extra but I'ts like $900. Are these ever going to be imported again? It seems like Century just wants to build and sell their own AK's. Probably way more profitable for them.
View Quote

If you want to grab a Zastava now is the time. I just picked up a NIB M90NP from grabagun for $711 shipped. Plenty of N-PAPs, fixed stock and folder, available on gunbroker at decent prices...for now. No O-PAPs to be seen.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I've thought about those M90 NPs. I wonder why they build a 5.56 with the thick receiver and bulged trunnion but they wont on the NPAPs. And I'm on the fence about those adaptors to take AR mags. I'm sure they probably run fine just looks odd. I'm guessing Century puts those on after importing them do you know. If you've shot it yet what's your opinion.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've thought about those M90 NPs. I wonder why they build a 5.56 with the thick receiver and bulged trunnion but they wont on the NPAPs. And I'm on the fence about those adaptors to take AR mags. I'm sure they probably run fine just looks odd. I'm guessing Century puts those on after importing them do you know. If you've shot it yet what's your opinion.
View Quote

The M90 and M85 are built on the same receiver, whereas the NPAP is built on the M92 receiver and trunnion. The latter, of course, has the thinner receiver and narrower trunnion.

As for OPAPs, Century took them out of their catalogs beginning with 2015, so I don't expect to see them back. I don't think they sold that well once the current iteration of NPAP was introduced. A lot of people complained about the weight and the surplus furniture. Plus, internet culture being what it is, a lot of people thought they were just demil'd M70s built on new receivers as a cheap way to pump out rifles.  All the obviously factory-new parts in the world wouldn't kill that rumor. Proof that you just can't please anybody these days.

I have a BNIB OPAP sitting in my safe right now that I bought a couple of years ago for a project I still haven't gotten around to completing. I was going to convert it into an all-Yugo/Serbian M70B1 clone, but I've lost momentum and often considered selling it when the market is right. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Jump now or pay more in the very near future.

I bought two back in 2014 and will covert one to an under folder very soon.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top