Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » SKS
Posted: 4/9/2006 7:15:41 PM EDT
I just picked up a chinese sks and am having trouble figuring which factory it is from. I have looked at simonov.net and the factory code is not there. I know it will be difficult without a picture but i currently do not have a camera. I will do my best to describe it.
1. It has shaanxi, china on the right side of the reciever but is covered by the stock
under that it says 7.62 but after that it is unreadable until the last 2 letters which are either GA or CA
2. on the left side of the reciever it has the chinese symbols for type 56
3. and the aresenal code. it is in the shape of a triangle It has a 6 over a 6 and a 1 to the right of it. to the right of that is a right trianle that has a line going horizontal cutting it in half.
4. It does not have a triangle around it like some of the codes but the numbers make the shape of the trianle like the 36 and 0408 codes.
It is in excellent condition. the stock is wood painted almost the same color of the red plastic stocks and has the rear sling swivel on the left side.
According to the serial # chart on simonov.net it was made in 1975
It only cost me $100 so it was a great deal anyway.
Any help will be appreciated
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:01:19 PM EDT

try www.yooperj.com there are some good photo's and info on the SKS. using that info you should be able to id and date yours. anyway, it sounds like a unique purchase for a super price!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:44:19 PM EDT
thanks dIIshoots. I checked but didn't find the arsenal code there. I guess I won't find it anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:55:13 AM EDT

According to the serial # chart on simonov.net it was made in 1975

IIRC, the serial number dating chart is for use only with Triangle 26 coded rifles.
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top