Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/31/2006 5:22:47 PM EDT
The last time I reassembled my SKS, I had a helluva time getting the trigger group back in. Does anyone have any tricks for getting the trigger group back in easily?

Also, I read that it's a good idea to check your sear for engagement. When I performed the test, I noticed that the hammer started moving forward as soon as I started applying pressure to the trigger. From what I understand, this is bad. Does anyone know of any gunsmiths that do work SKS's, or any place that sells replacement trigger groups?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#1]
as for getting the trigger group in  heres the trick i have used       Leave your cross bolt loose  so the receiver isnt held in tightly   turn the gun upside down  on a hard floor or table    etc    and press it in with your hand.  
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top