Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/31/2006 2:04:52 PM EDT
I have a yugo sks that I removed the bayonet lug. I was reading over on surplus rifle.com forums that this might make the gun illegal. I have never heard of this and was interested  to know if this was a rumor. Looking back I wish I had never done such a thing now that I like collecting c@R guns, but you live and learn.
Thanks Charles
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Altering a C&R can cause it to be no longer considered a C&R. By removing the bayo, you may have removed it from the list. Therefor you would have to put in the neccessary number of 922r parts and probably get rid of the grenade launcher.

I think the Tapco site has some info on this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
When I bought my C&R from a dealer, it had the Bayonet removed, although provided.  It seemed to be a requirement.  Lugs are still present.  I would be interested to see why removing the lugs at this point in history would make any difference, other than whether it must be sold through a standard FFL in interstate commerce.  I don't see how it would matter in a face to face deal, or for mere possession.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#3]
As long as mods are not irreversible.taking parts off  is OK. Put on a pistol gripped stock is not.  Look at how they modify grenade launchers for CA sales......Changing out the mag for a duckbill is a no-no without 922 parts. If you sell it as a C&R it must be back in it original style. Some states require removal of the bayonet, this is just fine by the ATF. Remember, certain state laws superceed the fed law.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top