Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/29/2006 1:58:13 PM EDT
has anyone bought a paratrooper lately? i use to see them all the time at the gun show now i don't hardly see them. went to the gun show the other day and i seen 3 paratrooper's one was rusted all to crap and they wanted 400.00 dollars for it and the other one they wanted 450.00 for it. i found one for 225.00 and jumped all over it. i have not had time to look real good to see what kind  it is it's not a norinco but it is chinese made in pretty good shape. what are some of the prices you guy's have seen on the paratrooper's lately. as soon as i get time i will let you guy's no what kind i have i think all it say's is chinese sks and the importer's name gcb or something.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive got 2, one that takes the AK mag, and a regular para. Prices have went up to ripoff prices. I picked up my par AK mag type a couple of months ago...new unfired.....$300. Others wanted $450-$500 which is a rip off. Anything at $300 down is good for today. Also be aware that Navy Arms imported SKS paras were recalled....very bad rifle barrels and inferior parts. The factory in China that made them just turned out really bad stuff. Most should be made by Norinco. Navy Arms were the only guns recalled and most stayed here in country....DONT BUY ONE.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
all right it say's 7.62x39 sks made in china GBE HB CA.  the serial # is 0184 big space 24103. with 24103 stamped on the stock and bolt. does anybody have any info on this sks. it looks like a good made sks. thanks again for any help
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two of the 16" with bayo types that are often referred to as 'Paratroopers', is that what you mean? They are both Norinco.

A while back I sold a 16" MC-5d which took AK mags. It was cool, I wish I still had one.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Heres afew importers.....

SYMBOL
IMPORTER
CITY

N A
Navy Arms
Ridgefield, NJ.

CAI
Century International Arms
St. Albans, VT.

KSI
K-Sports, Inc.
Pomona, CA.

KFS
Keng's Firearms Specalties, Inc.
Atlanta, GA.

POLY
Poly Tech
Atlanta, GA.

CJA
China Jin An
Springfield, MI.

KBI
Kassnar Imports, Inc.
Harrisburg, PA.

B WEST
B-West Imports
Tucson, AZ.

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top