Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » SKS
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:40:27 AM EDT
Just took this in trade, will post pick tonight. It is an unfired Chinese SKS Para, but has a blade bayonet. The odd thing is that the stock is cut for a spike. the original owner told me that it came NIB like this. Any ideas?
TIA
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:42:06 AM EDT
Like this?

I would be surprised if it did. In fact, I would be surprised if it came with any bayonet at all. Most of these rifles came after 94(thus, they wouldn't have one at all), IICRC.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:55:35 AM EDT
Yep, just like yours. Are these worth more than a regular spike para?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:14:44 AM EDT
that doesnt look any different then my type 45
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:24:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By P08:
Yep, just like yours. Are these worth more than a regular spike para?

In my experience no. If you want to put a spike on it, that is very easy to do. I have seen cut down spikes for sale. Neither version is a real military version. The "paratrooper"(16" barrel) is a version made for U.S.A consumption. If you look close, even the blade is cut down from the originals.

Interestingly, the paratrooper still holds a very high resale value among SKS varients. People like the short barrel, even if it wasn't original military. Mine is fairly accurate, and is fun to shoot.

If you have a choice on the bayonets, the spike would fit better, and not interfear with the left hand when shooting. My blade pokes the web of my left hand when shooting, if my hand migrates forward too far. I'm a fairly tall guy, and that happens when I shoot the fairly short Paratrooper.
That hurts.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:27:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 4:27:43 PM EDT by guns762]

Originally Posted By MikeHunter:
that doesnt look any different then my type 45

Notice the barrel length.....20" for your Type 45, 16 for the "paratrooper"
comparison:
Russian Type 45

Chinese Type 56 "Paratrooper"
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:26:47 PM EDT
next to each other they look alot different by its self the para looked alot alike
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:30:46 AM EDT
Two of the three 16" models I've bought had spike bayos on them, the other one had none. I've never seen one with a blade.

Is it legal to put a bayo on one (Chinese) that doesn't have one already? I'm thinking "no" if they weren't imported that way? I don't have proof that the two I bought were that way when I got them, but I hate to take OFF the bayo just because I have no proof...

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2006 12:53:32 PM EDT by guns762]

Originally Posted By Centuryhouse:
Two of the three 16" models I've bought had spike bayos on them, the other one had none. I've never seen one with a blade.

Is it legal to put a bayo on one (Chinese) that doesn't have one already? I'm thinking "no" if they weren't imported that way? I don't have proof that the two I bought were that way when I got them, but I hate to take OFF the bayo just because I have no proof...

You are correct, as far as I know. Chinese SKS's with bayonets that are Legal, are very scarce. It is your job to prove that you are in the right.

The above bayonet was only there for photography purpases, and removed right after the picture was taken to stay with in the letter of the law.
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top