Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » SKS
Posted: 2/27/2006 4:42:28 PM EDT
Hi All,

Looking into getting an SKS. Want it unissued, and of highest quality possible. Which is the best one to get?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:43:53 PM EDT
I think your best bet for unissued is to find a Yugo. I'm not sure where they are now, but they seemed to be all over the place about 6 months ago when I got mine.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:30:13 PM EDT
I know the Yugos do not have chrome barrels. Does this impair their quality, reliability, or accuracy at all?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:38:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 7:38:36 PM EDT by Mak]

Originally Posted By Ligament:
I know the Yugos do not have chrome barrels. Does this impair their quality, reliability, or accuracy at all?

Are you planning on shooting corrosive ammo?
If it is a new unissued one you get than the reliabity should be fine.
Accuracy will not be impaired negatively if you buy an unissued one.

They are about $160.00. Get one.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:27:07 AM EDT

I bought mine from Inter Ordnance. Both were quite nice. I've heard good and bad about the company, but I'd buy from them again.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:18:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dlmpsy:
I bought mine from Inter Ordnance. Both were quite nice. I've heard good and bad about the company, but I'd buy from them again.

I bought a couple from them as well. No problems. I got the unissued ones and IIRC they were $147.50 each.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:28:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2006 2:12:39 PM EDT by OldTroop]
Still plenty of unfired Chinese AKs and SKSs available...go with the Chinese.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:39:44 PM EDT
I just bought a Yugo SKS last Sunday for about $159. The dealer said it was unisued, but I knew a little bit about what to look for. The rifle was rebuilt, but it looks very nice and it looks to have a new stock as well as barrel. Gonna have fun scraping off the copious amounts of cosmoline, though. Here's a picture:
http://toponeraegunbuster.com/01.jpg
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:34:01 PM EDT
If your looking for a quality SKS I would go Norinco or Russian. They will be used but so are the Yugos unissued or not. I have seen a number of very nice SKS rifles for sale at gun shows which look to be like new. I got a Yugo SKS to add to my collection for the war history. The bore basically sucks and its not chrome lined. Overall I am not impressed with the rifle but for 90.00 I found it hard to not add it to the collection. If your looking for a shooter then its a good buy. If your looking for a really nice rifle then its the wrong item.

Ian
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:26:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2006 2:27:44 AM EDT by goodoleboy]
Well really the only for sale by retailers "unissued" sks rifles would be yugo. Get a Chinese from a shop or show that looks good. Well built chrome lined barrel which is a plus.
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top