Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » SKS
Posted: 1/13/2006 8:50:11 PM EDT
I've got a ton of stuff laying around my safe. Should I get one of those 30$ SKS barrel and receiver combos? I see them on GB every now and then.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:59:01 PM EDT
If you do make VERY sure of the headspace. Be safe, be happy. Let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:56:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By POLYTHENEPAM:
If you do make VERY sure of the headspace. Be safe, be happy. Let us know how it goes.

I've been around here a while...but what exactly is headspace, and how dangerous is it? I take it it's something to do with the bolt and barrel?

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:13:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Originally Posted By POLYTHENEPAM:

I've been around here a while...but what exactly is headspace, and how dangerous is it? I take it it's something to do with the bolt and barrel?

its how far back/forward it is. If the chamber is to far forward, the brass will cook off if you shoot it, and something bad happens if its to far ack as well
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:16:33 PM EDT
Headspace is the distance from the face of the bolt to the shoulder of the chamber. If it's too short the cartridge won't chamber. If it's too long the case can rupture. If it does gas will leak out possibly with pieces of the case. Not a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:04:57 PM EDT
save some aggravation and time, buy a new one
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top