Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/1/2006 11:42:29 AM EDT
My wife has an ATI Monte Carlo stock for her Yugo SKS. I'm unsuccessfully attempting to get the wood off the gas tube, so we can put the synthetic handguard on. Using the method recommended on Surplus Rifles.Com, I'm not doing anything but annoying the cats with the loud hammering.  

Any suggestions on a better, easier way to safely remove that wee retaining pin?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Beating it the right way after WD 40ing and heating it for a while. Hit it like you want to break it they are in there to stay.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I realize not the recommended procedure I had to CAREFULLY use a wood chisel and hammer - it helps to have a second person or a good vise.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same problem with mine and I eventually ended up cutting the wood in two, being that I had no need to keep it, my norinco had horrible wood on it and got it in trade to an ancient bow, it was porbably the prototype for the first compound bow ever. I got it from a guy that I work with and he wanted to start bow hunting and I had no use for the piece of  junk. I thought that was a great trade being that I was given that old bow for free and had no use for it. Anyway after removing the wood it was actually easier to remove that little pin.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top